Mod2 2nd attempt

Firstly I'd like to thank all of you that gave me advice.

Just over 10 days since I failed the first attempt on 2 serious faults, leaving right indicator on while exiting a roundabout and doing 30 mph on a 60 mph country lane, and one minor fault for hesitation.

Had a couple of hours training just before the test and it was a good job that I did as the first half hour of my training I was riding the bike like I had never been on one before. Soon calmed down though and arrived at the test centre with minutes to spare, my instructor said to just go in and he would sort the bike out so it was facing outwards. I had a different examiner than last time, turned out the first one was filling in for this guys holiday. Did all the documentation etc and was asked the show me/tell questions, pillion and chain. Got fitted with the radio and could hardly hear the examiner, the earpiece had come of my ear while putting the helmet on, then I had to go and get the key of my instructor d’oh nice start so far.

The first 20 minutes went passed quickly and surprisingly very smoothly, doing ok so far and I felt quite relaxed. The examiner had me turning into a housing estate and after a few turns I found myself coming to the end of a road and he hadn't give me any directions, it was like an unmarked crossroad but with markings at the end of my road and on the road directly opposite if you know what I mean. Anyway I stopped at the markings, did the observations and went straightforward to the road on the opposite side, this happened a couple of times and I thought, am I doing the right thing here.

Turning right on a roundabout I made a point of making sure I switched the indicator from right to left just before exiting the roundabout, I was in the right hand lane of the dual carriageway when coming of the roundabout so did a lifesaver, indicated and switched to the left lane, 100 yards on a learner in a Micra decided to pull out right in front of me, I had to slow down quite fast. Then the learner in the Micra decided to stop altogether. I got a bit flustered but did a lifesaver, indicator and switched to the right lane, thinking I hope I did everything right back there.

Rest of the ride was pretty good, but I wasn’t sure if it was good enough. The examiner didn’t say anything except mentioning he had to take a minute to fill out some paperwork. Thought to myself definitely failed, then the examiner very calmly said you’ve passed. Never felt so relieved and so, so happy. Turned out I got six minors, again for hesitation, steering and one for observation timing, my instructor said that’s not bad as that particular examiner does like to rack up the minors.

Went and put a large deposit on a ZZR600 the very same day, pick the bike up this coming Saturday!

The bike is 85 miles away so a bit anxious but also looking forward to riding it back home.

congrats mate!

so how's the bike??

It's so good I look forward to going to work and am getting up earlier than I should in anticipation of the 10 minute ride to work lol.

Far easier to ride than I imagined, I'd say easier and a lot better than the ER-5's I trained on to say it's much bigger, heavier and twice as many horses.