Leather jackets are dam tight?! Am I missing something?

Hey ladies and gents,

I've been in the market for a leather jacket recently, decided rather than get something cheap on eBay I'd pop into a store and try some on.

I quite fancied the look of the RST Razor. Jesus they're small. I couldn't even put on a 40... a 46 was tight!

I'm about 6'2, 32" waist, 40" chest (need to go the gym! ;)) fairly slim but still struggled. Did I miss something? I thought jacket sizes were based on chest size.

Anyone have any thoughts or advice?

They are supposed to be abit tight

i found i was getting a bigger than normal jacket etc size as well but i think thats because normal clothes like to be a bit loose where as leathers need to be tight in order to provide proper protection. dont get them based on how you want normal clothes to fit, as they do stretch and loosen up a bit anyway.

I tried some RST leathers and they came up really tight, I could hardly get them on. Going up a few sizes meant it was baggy in all the wrong places for me (lanky bugger). Alpinestars fitted fine, ended up with Revit which fitted very nicely. Maybe worth trying a few different makes.

They are supposed to be snug, but not cutting off the blood supply :)

I tried some RST leathers and they came up really tight, I could hardly get them on. Going up a few sizes meant it was baggy in all the wrong places for me (lanky bugger). Alpinestars fitted fine, ended up with Revit which fitted very nicely. Maybe worth trying a few different makes.

They are supposed to be snug, but not cutting off the blood supply :)

Sounds like you have hte same problem as me. Mind if I ask your size? I only had a chance to try on the RST range :/

I had the same problem when I went to get myself my first 1 piece.

Picked a size 46 up and just looked like a tool when I had to ask for help to get my legs out of the suit.

And RST leathers do seem a size smaller than most other makes

I had the same problem when I went to get myself my first 1 piece.

Picked a size 46 up and just looked like a tool when I had to ask for help to get my legs out of the suit.

And RST leathers do seem a size smaller than most other makes

lol. Don't worry both my girlfriend and I got stuck in several 400-500 jackets! Luckily the staff were too busy with another customer to laugh. We just about managed to pull ourselves out.

Quite funky and nerve racking.

Cheers for all the comments guys, I'm going to keep up my search.

• 2 weeks later...

I went into a motorbike shop which had a very extensive range of ladies' wear. But every bit of clothing I tried on fitted me differently! Even two different style jackets by the same maker in the same size were a different fit.

My usual clothing (non-motorbike) size is 12, but no way could I get some of the 12s on. I know that the clothing has to be snug but I want to be able to get some layers on underneath it! I just tried on loads and got the ones that were the most comfortable. I ended up with an IXS jacket size M, matching trousers size XL!, leather trousers size 14. I later went into a leather goods store and randomly found a biking jacket (size S :? ) which fit me perfectly (it actually had room round the hips) and I got the guy to knock off £90.

Yes I did try on an RST jacket which I loved but could hardly do it up round the hips - the size that was comfortable round the hips was massive round the shoulders :roll:

I find the leather jackets tend to be a bit snug across the shoulders. So if you're quite wide, proportionally (i'm not a big bloke), across the shoulders like me then i find it makes it hard. It's very difficult to find a jacket that's nice and snug below the ribs without crunching the shoulders in.