Removing a rear wheel (YBR125)

Remy

Does the bike have a full stand? I am assuming it does .... well I hope so, cos you will struggle else ...

Make sure you have the correct tools before you start, take your time, make a note of where things go etc and I am sure you will be fine. If in any doubt, or not too confident, it would help if you had someone there who has done it before.

Well I didn't do it in the end, I was trying to follow the Haynes manual but it wasn't too clear - so got a friend to pop by and he took it off in minutes (and didn't do half of what they said in the manual :roll: ). Just got to remember how to put it back now :?

• 8 months later...
Well I didn't do it in the end, I was trying to follow the Haynes manual but it wasn't too clear - so got a friend to pop by and he took it off in minutes (and didn't do half of what they said in the manual :roll: ). Just got to remember how to put it back now :?

I am about to do this... well im not, good old bullet is going to be doing most of it.

But yes I have read the haynes manual instructions on removing wheels and it seems very complicated. There must be easier ways than that and judging by what you said about your friend, there is an easier way to do it.

A tip for the future would be to use a pencil or a bit of chalk to make a mark on the rear brake spindle (it's a drum brake). The picture should show what I mean.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2111/140ty.jpg

Put the mark across where the silver arm sits on the gold spindle. This means when you put the wheel back on, you know where it was previously set, so your back brake isn't too loose or too tight, saving time and effort. (Should still be checked before going back on the road).

All the best,

Bullet5.