Pirelli diablos tyres... any good??

saint666

Hi, i am after a new set of tyres and was just wondering if anyone had any views on the pirelli diablos. I have a cbr 600fv, tyre size is 120/60/17 - 160/60/17. If anyone is using these tyres then could you let me know how your gettin on with them please? Alternatively if anyone has any recommendations then im all ears! I use the bike every day come rain/ice or snow so wanna know if they are any good. As always thanks for any replies!

Guest philgale
I've currently got Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa fitted to the Sprint. They are awesome wet or dry, even felt stable on the icy roads this morning! Much better than the Michelins I had on before.

supercorsas awesome in the wet???? really.....there bloody woeful IMO

very good rings for hot summer days, can see them squaring off pretty quick unless you use your bike for spirited rides only...

I've currently got Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa fitted to the Sprint. They are awesome wet or dry, even felt stable on the icy roads this morning! Much better than the Michelins I had on before.

supercorsas awesome in the wet???? really.....there bloody woeful IMO

very good rings for hot summer days, can see them squaring off pretty quick unless you use your bike for spirited rides only...

I use the bike daily for everything from popping to the shops to visiting clients on site. They've been on for about 1500 miles now and the rear is still perfectly shaped. I'm not exactly a kerb crawler either :wink:

I use Pirellii Diablo Corsa III all year including trackdays, winter and summer riding. It's possible to get upto 5500 miles out of a rear and 7000 miles out of a front. :D

Thats odd cos Ive known some people get less than 3000 out of theirs! :|

I use Pirellii Diablo Corsa III all year including trackdays, winter and summer riding. It's possible to get upto 5500 miles out of a rear and 7000 miles out of a front. :D

Straightliners :wink:

Straightliners :wink:

Oh definatly not !! :lol:

I can vouch for getting 5000 at least on my rear diablo. I had different front tyre but now have a set off bridgestone batalix 0014's which are spot on, not sure what models out now. 16's?

Do you like your 014's? I had them replaced this weekend with Maxxis Touring and I'm really happy I did it. i really hated them...

Sorry, don't know anything about Diablos :roll:

Another :mrgreen: here for my Supercorsas :!:

From Blackburn to Stockport and back last night in pouring rain and gusty winds and they were absolutely planted to the road. Not one skip or squirm and npothing but excellent feedback. It's the first time for years, since I last had Pirellis and on my Thundercat to be precise, that I felt completely at one with the bike in the wet and managed to ride at pretty much dry condition level. :cheers:

Personally I run Michilin Road Pilot 2cts. I like them. Confidence inspiring and last well.

Those are the tyres I've not long replaced with Supercorsas. They were fine when new but a bit lacking on feedback. As time wore on they got worse and worse. Shame really, I had them on other bikes and they felt OK throughout their lifespan. I guess they're just not suited to the Sprint and the way I ride it.

I can vouch for getting 5000 at least on my rear diablo. I had different front tyre but now have a set off bridgestone batalix 0014's which are spot on, not sure what models out now. 16's?

Do you like your 014's? I had them replaced this weekend with Maxxis Touring and I'm really happy I did it. i really hated them...

Sorry, don't know anything about Diablos :roll:

yeah i love them up to now, although i will say the diablos are a lot better for all season. ie Rain! i do take it a bit easier on these bridgestones, but i took them on the track and they were great, soft and sticky!

I had 014s on the R6 and they were terrible! The front ended up like a chisel after less than 1000 miles and the rear squared off in no time. Switched them for Conti Sport Attacks and I'm on the 3rd set of those now and loving every minute of them wet and dry.