How long did you wait to do a track day after passing?

Stuno1

Guest philgale
Well I keep saying, NOVICES TRACKDAY, BRANDS INDY, MARCH 8th, anybody :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If i do decide to go for it i'd go on one of those all day things, not 20mins free for all, sounds a bit dangerous. :(

go for it, you wont regret it, just wait till its warmer

• 2 months later...

I did around 2 months worth of biking before attempting Cadwell.. I would say after you pass your test and get a big bike to learn to control the machine and as soon as you are confident on it and start to find yourself wanting to go faster on the road get a day on track booked..

jammy git, i would love to do oulton after i saw how epic it was when i went to the bsb round 2 a couple of weeks ago.. its always 159quid though so alot more than cadwell.. i have tried to do darley moor the last 2 months in a row but failed both times.. first time i went the noise testing guy/gal had gone home because i got there at 2pm to do afternoon session and when i went last friday they noise tested my bike at 105db and they have a 98db limit :bang: i was gutted to say the least, will be trying again on the 3rd of june though

Guest philgale

I've done oulton thousands of times, still look forward to it everytime mind.

cant wait, this is only a little shake down as i had a few bad days so this is to get my confidence back thats all.

id love to do a track day , however i need a job haha , wouldnt go around a track on the fazer tho , so would have to buy a cheap track bike :D

doesnt falling off effect ur leg phil? im sure if I fell off id sit up and notice my hip coming out of my stomach or something

id love to do a track day , however i need a job haha , wouldnt go around a track on the fazer tho , so would have to buy a cheap track bike :D

doesnt falling off effect ur leg phil? im sure if I fell off id sit up and notice my hip coming out of my stomach or something

as other people have said you don't have to ride out of your comfort zone just because your on a racetrack. Just ride as quick as you would on the road if you are that worried about coming off.

[old bloke] Back in my day we didn't have track days, we went production racing if we wanted track time. More specifically "we" went production racing on a cheaply obtained ex racing Suzuki X7 at least a year after the Yamaha LCs hit the tracks...and what a blindingly good decision that was!! :lol: Strangely I have no desire to go and do a track day these days. :D [/old bloke]

Guest philgale
aint worried about coming off lol ,just worried about how much my hip joint would play up if i did end up coming off though :D

Iv come off plenty of times and been ok, thing is 9/10 times if you come off its on the low side, so when i come off i only fall about a foot so not too bad

aint worried about coming off lol ,just worried about how much my hip joint would play up if i did end up coming off though :D

Iv come off plenty of times and been ok, thing is 9/10 times if you come off its on the low side, so when i come off i only fall about a foot so not too bad

Off plenty of times :shock: Must cost a lot to sort the bike each time?

Stu

Edited by Stuno1

Being a cruiser type as opposed to throwing it round a track type, it's not for me. My preference is to get there safe not get there fast. :)

Combine the two. Get there quickly and safely :lol:

Stu