Another new member to the club. Passed mod 2 today!!

Got to my training school this morning not all that confident the test would actually happen due to the ice everywhere, but after talking to my instructor we figured it was worth a punt anyway so we got to the test centre to be told my test (8.30am) was cancelled but they had a free slot at 9.30 if i wanted to wait for that one instead. I figured that was a bit of a stupid question to ask (obviously i didn't point that out) but said yes and settled down to smoke the first of many cigarettes!

9.30 came and the examiner came out, checked my licence then took me outside for the eyesight test (which made me realise just how much i need new glasses!) then on to the questions. Nice and simple: how do you check the condition of the chain, show me how to check the brakes and what would you adjust when carrying a pillion.

Then we get out on the road and all is going well. He got me to pull over behind a parked car then pull out then a bit further down he got me to do it again. I was a bit worried that i pulled out too close to an oncoming car but put it out of my mind so as not to lose concentration. We did the independant ride which thankfully took us back near to the test centre and after a few more turns and roundabouts and noticing a 20mph speed sign at the last minute we were back. I followed him into the test centre and into the little room to hear those magic words: 'You have passed.' He then ran me through my minors.....one for not doing a lifesaver when merging lanes and one for not checking my mirrors when pulling over. Finally that's it! For one reason or another it's been a mission getting here but finally i have my bike licence!! :lol: