LED light strips

Guest CobbZ

Hey all, i met a fellow biker today up at the C&F and he had these LED strips on the front of his ninja... just under the headlights... Made a massive difference, when looking in the mirrors. So i would like some, for safety really (also realised today how helpful that wheel rim tape is, will get some of that too).

Are these LEDs easy to install? How do they apply - double sided tape?

Also, i was wondering about placements... Here is a pic with some red dots to show possibilities... What d'ya reckon peoples?

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/CobbZ_2006/01-LEDLIGHTS.jpg

What do you reckon about placements DanDan? Obviously i'm not gonna have all 4, but not sure what would look ok... I don't wanna look like these truckers you see at night with what is effectively a fun-fair of lights on the front! lol.

Depends wot you are after Cobbz mate, if it is to be seen , then they want to be monted high enough to be seen in mirrors. I personally wouldn't go with the fork legs cos they will get battered down there, and be hidden when you are in traffic.

I would look at the bottom of the screen, or on the underside of the mirrors. For visibility they recommend have 3 points of light for the motorist to see, so mirrors for me.

2 & 3 look like winners to me, my instructor on my cbt had an led strip (i think it had around 6 led's on the strip) on his Blackbird just under the air intake (wrong terminology for a bike?) it made him a lot more visible in the mirrors :thumb:

Agreed, 2&3 would look best, and you may even be mistaken for a copper, especialy if you can switch them to a flashing mode. :mrgreen: The fork legs would look pretty decent, but as said would need a lot of maintenence, and if you bought some for down there make sure the LED's are inside a plastic housing strip, like....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/White-15-SMD-LED- ... 4cf46b6d7d

I've got one of these stips, (but it's got blue led's) to light up my bedroom, and boy it's bright :) get a headache after 2 mins of sitting in here. :lol:

You've given me some food for thought there Cobbz, i'll be looking into these too in the comming days (want something to light up the rear end a bit) Thankyou! :cheers:

Brill TC. We'll go for a ride over weekend won't we? I'm workin 9-5 friday so wont be able to see u then.

We'll sort something out mate. i might be going to Nottingham on Sunday to watch City

personally i'd go with position 3 - they are just about the right place to be seen at a distance and in traffic, - they are easy to wire in - just tap into the pilot light (side light) wires if you want them on all the time (best idea)

As for mounting mine are screwed into place but they can be stuck.

i got mine from http://www.bikevis.com/motorcycle-led-r ... ights.html

You can either have the bullets (single LED but MEGA bright) or like mine 6 LED strip...

Brill TC. We'll go for a ride over weekend won't we? I'm workin 9-5 friday so wont be able to see u then.

We'll sort something out mate. i might be going to Nottingham on Sunday to watch City

Well pop over and say hello why don't you. :)