Topbox for YBR 125

Hi all,

thinking of getting a top box for my Yamaha YBR 125 (59 plate) is this a good/bad idea.....

Anyone got any experience of using these on 125's... and anyone know of any good manufacturers if i do decide to get one?

Appreciate the advice guys and gals.

I use a Givi E30 30 litre top box on my 09 YBR-125. Can't fault it and wouldn't be without it. Cost about £40 inc universal fitting plate. Box comes off real easy for storage and just clips back on. Highly recommended. If I was to buy another I may just go slightly larger. It's great for keeping helmet and gloves in but occasionally I could do with stowing my boots/jacket/trousers. My advice, think about what you are wanting to keep in it, take the stuff with you and try it for size.

£40 sounds great for a Givi box. Givi also make Kappa which is of similar quality without the bells and whistles, they also fit straight onto Givi racks, so keep an eye out for Kappa stuff.

There's also a lot of Chinese one's kicking about for around the £20 mark, they don't have the build quality of Givi but they're alright for the money. They go by various names (My old one was a 'Tech25'), point to note; Oxford have now started sticking their badges on them and added a tenner to the price, so be wary.

Thanks for the info Chiz,

I think I am definately gonna go with a Topbox, Jult been flicking through a well known auction site and have found 36 litre top boxes for like £28 quid on there :shock:

One of the makes is NS91 if anyone has ever heard of them before?

Do you think its worth getting a cheap one or should I stick with a well known brand?

Cheers peeps

Thanks for the info Chiz,

I think I am definately gonna go with a Topbox, Jult been flicking through a well known auction site and have found 36 litre top boxes for like £28 quid on there :shock:

One of the makes is NS91 if anyone has ever heard of them before?

Do you think its worth getting a cheap one or should I stick with a well known brand?

Cheers peeps

If the price difference is only a small amount stick will the well known brand. Otherwise the cheaper one should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

:D Thanks for all your advice - have purchased a top box through the well know auction sight (not sure if i am allowed to mention the name :? )

Anyways now all I gotta do is fit it!

I got a Tech7, 26 L top box off ebay for £30. It is big enough to fit a full sized flip front helmet lying on its side. The base plate screws onto the YBR's luggage rack using the universal fitting kit. The box then fits onto that with a screw from inside the box. It opens with a key and closes without, so watch you don't leave the keys inside the box or you could lock yourself out.

I got it to fit very securely, it has proved to be leak proof and has survived being frozen solid, a small crash and packed full on long journeys. However, one of the pins that keeps the hing in place came out. I replaced it with a screw that was long and thin and that will not be coming out.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5054/5537381821_db46cfd146.jpg http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5253/5537382511_47e376ed7b.jpg

Sideview for ya Susieque :D

Aso some other pics I have taken.

The topbox was from ebay its 36 litre and loncin is the model name. it was 27 squid so not a bad price.

Took approx one hour to fit - but then I aint no mechanic LOL (also no instructions were included so I had to figure it out myself!)

101987.jpg.77ef228d964f99f884066b158fe855c9.jpg

874563.JPG.b988eb09a5aae6174089c998c0dd4a21.JPG