Pinlock Visor - Still Steaming up...

I have a couple of months old helmet with a pinlock insert, but I keep getting a small amount of steam/condensation building up inside the gap between the visor and the pinlock insert. I have taken the pinlock out/cleaned the visor and the seal seems fine, but there must be a minute gap between the visor and the insert seal.

Any ideas? New insert needed?

cheers.

as you have already said it sounds like there is a gap somewhere

try adjusting the pins a bit they are offsett turning them will make the insert go tighter or loose :)

i had a problem and a little adjustment and all is well

If you take the visor off, and go somewhere with good light ...

If you imagine a soft silicone bead pressed against plastic, it squashes, as you press this bead on the pinlock, you should see it expand against the inside surface of the visor. If that makes sense. Now you know what you are looking at, you should be able to inspect the bead all away around the pinlock to see where it isn't touching.

Personally, I always have trouble with it sealing right next to the pin area. Takes some fiddling, but once done its sweet :thumb:

Dunno if that helps? Let us know!

At the moment in the chilly weather I am having problems with my glasses misting up!!

Annoying me no end!!

Visor open / visor closed cough arrghhh visor open / visor closed *sigh* arrrghh visor open / visor closed

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

rosie try a breath deflector :)

i used to have one in my HJC helmet but this came with the helmet and fitted it perfectly and had two points that went to the front vents it was great :)

you can get universal ones that just deflect your breath downwards and out the bottom of your lid :D

rosie try a breath deflector :)

i used to have one in my HJC helmet but this came with the helmet and fitted it perfectly and had two points that went to the front vents it was great :)

you can get universal ones that just deflect your breath downwards and out the bottom of your lid :D

goes off to google ........................................

Thanks Stu :D

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated.

I have taken the pinlock out and adjusted the pins to a slightly more outward angle and checked the silicon seal again. Just got back from a spin on a slightly damp Sunday evening and it appears to be working as it should! :D

I deliberately kept the visor down and when I got back after an hour the only fogging was in the sections of visor that don't have the insert covering them.