RTTW 2011 - Ride To The Wall (1st Oct)

Decor58

I know some people have to give a couple of months notice for annual leave so I figured I'd post an early reminder about this event; then post another when registration opens.

Ride To The Wall will be in it's fourth year this year and it's nearly doubled in size for the last three years to well over 6000 bikes.

It really is an amazing event which thousands of bikes attend each year to pay their respects to those who serve in our armed forces, past and present; especially to those who gave their lives.

In previous years, all riders have gathered at Drayton Manor Park and then rode to the National Memorial Arboretum. however due to how big this event has become, this year there are 7 starting points!

It is an event I would recommend to everyone so make sure you're free on Saturday 1st October!

More information can be found on RTTW website here

Guest akey

I'll be there, I do this with some of my family and some guys from on here usually so can post up our leaving time etc once we know whats going on.

I will be aiming to get booked into DMP, if not will probably have to loop round to woodall services.

• 1 month later...

Never go as always at MCN Butlins, but thats shit now so not going... and instead its my 1st anniversary with Jim and we are going away for the weekend!! Sods law lol! Next year!!

wow a year already Vics - 'grats to you both x

Well I am booked into Drayton Manor start point along with 4 others (me, willow, my 2 cus and one of their mates). This could be a busy weekend at the akey household woo hoo :cheers:

wow a year already Vics - 'grats to you both x

Well I am booked into Drayton Manor start point along with 4 others (me, willow, my 2 cus and one of their mates). This could be a busy weekend at the akey household woo hoo :cheers:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Myself and Dan have signed up......I wasn't going to but got talked into it! :lol:

Done this every year and have to agree that some people ride as if they don't have a licence, wobbling all over the place and rear-ending folk.

Will do the Northampton run.

Done this every year and have to agree that some people ride as if they don't have a licence, wobbling all over the place and rear-ending folk.

Will do the Northampton run.

That's what I'm worried about... would go pillion but Dans pillion is bloody awful!!! :shock:

That's what I'm worried about... would go pillion but Dans pillion is bloody awful!!! :shock:

Leave space and just ride slow & smooth - conversely, ride like you stole it and they'd never be able to catch up! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick bump,

Its this weekend, and dont worry if you havent booked in advance you can register on the day at any of the start points (except Drayton Manor).

Weather is looking good, its a great event and a superb show of support to our Armed Forces so if you are thinking of a ride out this weekend how about planning a nice route back from the National Memorial Arboretum.

Anyway if you are going and you see a gormless idiot wandering around with Akey on his leather waistcoat, then guess what ...... its me so come and say hi (usually found near the food stands :cheers: )

Really looking forward to this weekend, it's been great every year I've been.

Are we going to meet on that hill bit where we seem to have ended up each time for the last two years?

Will be going to the M1 North near leics from loughborough if anyone wants to meet up before then