Advice needed...... Should i do full test now....

Should i get a 125 for what seems a premium price, or do my full licence, save more and get a semi-decent 500-600 for less than £1k? Starting to get wound up with the price of 125's,

i'm no expert, but my take on it would be that it very much depends on what you want a bike for , and hiow and when you're gonna use it. i did my cbt, then rode a 125 for 3 months, to get back into riding, but at the end of that time was majorly frustrated at the lack of power and knew that DAS was the way to go for me. luckily i had chosen a 125 that held its value and i got back what i paid for it , so had the fun and safety of pootling round for 3 months without it really costing, and it gave me the confidence to know i was fine on the roads before jumping on the bigger bike.

however, if you intend to travel larger distances i would probably go straight for DAS, as theres nothing more frustrating than trying to get from A-B in a decent amount of time on a 125.

also take into consideration how much time on the road you have , if your a car driver then you already have the roadsense( hopefully).

all in all id say its a personal choice.

I want a sportsbike, but at the moment i'm desperate for transport (not earning a great deal, and need a vehicle to get to and from job offers, and aylesbury (about 17 miles, only one bus service, really reliable and on time.........), i'e now got jus short of £1k saved, so need a push in one direction or another by some old sage/sages (anybody know the plural/collective of 'Sage'?) on here

It's down to you at the end of the day - if all you want is a commuter then a 125 will do the job, but it's likely that you'll get bored of it if you want it as a plaything and will want something bigger sooner rather than later.

The upside is that good 125's (YBR's etc) are usually in high demand and hold their value very well, so you wouldn't really lose money on it.

I waited and did DAS.

hi,

it all depends on how much cash you have, i was in the same situation and i went and spend £1500 on a yamaha yzf r125. imo there are major benefits of owning a 125 and as u need transport now its your best option as it can be weeks or even months till you pass your test

After spending the last hour and a half on the phone to places, I'm going with the 125 option! Just need to find one now for the cash that doesn't make it look like I'm riding a monkey bike!