Helmets and Glasses

Guest Spears

Hi all,

I am looking for a new helmet, seen loads I like but... wearing glasses makes the choice a little resticted. Ideally no more than £100, anyone have any ideas?

Hey Spears, welcome to the forum :thumb:

Shoei do a few helmets which are dessigned with spectacle wearers in mind, but if they don't fit your head, they the wrong helmet.

Best bet is get to a helemt supplier and see which are the best fit, with ya glasses on. The staff should help you out, and aim for the guy wearing glasses!!!

Cheers for moving it! There must be some lid that fits the bill and the budget!

My HJC and glasses work well, but you really need to get out and go shopping at Heine Gericke or similar

Flip lids generally work well with glasses because you can get the specs seated before you put your lid on, pretty much the same as you can with an open face.

Personally I hate the extra weight they carry though. The cheaper AGV full face lids are generally OK but as said before try some on.

I wear glasses too. I went for an Arai Axces which is excellent for glasses but it is £250.

It was between that and the Caberg Konda (flip up) which also has the really handy tinted flip down visor which you will appreciate if you can't wear sunglasses. they can be had for about £100

I wear specs, i have an AGV K3 Vente Uno which is £99 (as far as i'm aware most places)

Fits glasses fine, my aviators or my normal specs. Best idea is go to a shop and try them on to be honest....

I think the issue may be the glasses I tried some with were thick armed with legs that hooked quite far behind my ears. I do have some which are thin armed and shallow hooked, may well return armed with them and try some out.

I have an Arai Astro and my glasses fit well under it. However, i did stand in the opticians with lid on trying 1001 pairs until i got the right fit.

Best bet is to try on as many lids as possible until you find one that works for you.

I have thin metal legs on my glasses and they fit perfectly under my Arai Chaser but I too tried loads and loads of helmets in different shops until I got the right combination.

Id recc the Caberg aswell, I have specs with thick arms (osiris) and the flip front makes on/off much easier. Looks good in mat black and as mentioned the internal tinted visor is good and works with specs on too.

As everyone else has said, there is no substitute for trying lids on in shops. Yes flip fronts are easier, but full face are still do-able.

I think the issue may be the glasses I tried some with were thick armed with legs that hooked quite far behind my ears. I do have some which are thin armed and shallow hooked, may well return armed with them and try some out.

Yep different specs will give you different results. Tip: Never try putting those bendy memory specs on with a full face lid, because you won't :oops:

Personally I find that if your lid is a tight enough fit it *will* mangle the arms of the specs up, so I keep a couple of pairs just for use on the bike.

I have an Arai Astro and my glasses fit well under it. However, i did stand in the opticians with lid on trying 1001 pairs until i got the right fit.

Best bet is to try on as many lids as possible until you find one that works for you.

i think i would have paid to see you standing in the opticians doing that :lol:

i'm surprised no-one has mentioned the obvious - can you not wear contact lenses?

i wear glasses but can't get on with them with my lid. apart from moving they steam up something cronic, and i find them really uncomfortable. lenses dry a little but i find them much better. even with the visor up at 30 or 40 for short periods they're fine.

apparently the new shoei xr1100 has gaps in the padding specifically for glasses, but obviously they're a bit more than £100 :(

Tip: Never try putting those bendy memory specs on with a full face lid, because you won't :oops:

I have them, and one of them, and I regularly do.

I'm on my 3rd helmet and never yet had a problem wearing glasses with any of them. They were Caberg, Laser and HJC, so nothing special.

Tip: Never try putting those bendy memory specs on with a full face lid, because you won't :oops:

I have them, and one of them, and I regularly do.

The only time I managed to get them shoved in was when I had a flip front lid. Then again, I have my lids that tight fitting I can't chew gum in them :)

The only time I managed to get them shoved in was when I had a flip front lid. Then again, I have my lids that tight fitting I can't chew gum in them :)

I have to leave room for when my brain breaths in

• 3 weeks later...

As stated above, flip face ones seem better with glasses.

Ive got a Caberg Konda flip face helmet and this works well with my glasses,

ive also got a avg K3 helmet, this only works well with a old pair of glasses with a slim frame.

• 2 weeks later...