Bikers from Berkshire??

Hi guys, been riding for a year now and it's always been a solitary affair. I've never minded this but I am wandering what all the fuss is about when it comes to this riding as a pack stuff.

Is there anyone in the berskhire area that is in the same situation, or know of anyone organising meets in this area?

I'm hoping someone can open my eyes to the big wide World of biking, or at least make some biker friends in the area!

Hi mate and welcome to the forum. If you cant get any local riders to go out with as a group look for the Ace Cafe run down to Brighton! Group riding at it's extreme! 100.000 or so leave the Ace and head down to Brighton sea front for it's annual ride out! You tube it and see what it's like!

I live in Bracknell (someone has to), so if you fancy a spin just PM me.

Cheers dwb, Sounds like an offer I cant refuse.

Just out of interest what do you ride?

Triumph Speed Triple - am around weekend after next if you're free. PM me if you are.

Rgds

Dave

Maybe we should organise a weekend where we can all meet up.

Generally I am free every other weekend, however My boss has decided that all the guys in our department should mix things up a bit and swap some of our shifts around.

Basically at the moment I don't know which weekends I'm going to be free, but I should find out by next week some time.

Is weekends best for you guys?

There are a few Patch clubs and MCC groups in the area. Ones I know of are: 81, Mohawk Brotherhood, Thames Valley Vultures and Thames Vale Vultures.

Both Vulture groups are very open and friendly, not saying that the others aren't but I have personal experience of both vulture groups.

Otherwise, I'd be up for an independent ride-out, as i live 2 mins from M4 J12.

am wandering what all the fuss is about when it comes to this riding as a pack stuff.

Can't stand riding in groups. There's too many people who are clueless as to how to do it safely and IME people end up riding faster & out of their comfort zones.

I have the week off from the 29th of Aug. I guess it depends on the weather, but I was thinking of taking a ride down to the coast. I haven't made any solid plans yet so if any of you guys have time for a ride out let me know when your free, I'm flexible, but would rather it wasn't wet (not that you can plan for that).

Also if anyone has any ideas as to specific locations I'm all ears! :thumb:

• 3 months later...

Hello Berkshire!

I have the pleasure of living in reading, So would definately be up for a group rideout, got no idea what they are about as i have only been riding a few weeks.

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty close to Bracknell too (unfortunately). I don't have a bike to ride (yet) but when i do ill post back in here or send some PMs out, but i thought id give you a heads up that:

There is a bike meet every tuesday at the Stag and Hounds pub in binfield. My instructor told me about it and said to come on down when i get a bike, or even before if i felt like it. not sure on time, but maybe something for you guys to look into if you want to meet up with some possibly like minded people!