anyone know much about av receivers ?

toon83

looking to buy a new av receiver to go with my not too cheap kef speakers but i have no idea which one is the best.

pioneer vsx-919/920/1020

onkyo tx-sr606

yamaha rxv667/557

DENON AVR1912

Edited by toon83

onkyo tx-sr606. You will love it :)

better than DENON AVR1912?

its hard to know which is the best cos no one seems to want to bad mouth any of them on youtube

It's ok googling these, there are great reviews for all of the above amps to honest knocking around.

I actually own an Onkyo and had a look at the others which is why i suggested it. Do you own any of the above to give the guy some solid advice rather than copy and pasting a link?

Just about to go to work Toon so will write up later what I think about them. :)

no need im Onkyo TX-SR608 maybe the newer one if i can find one cheap enough

what speakers complement to av?

I have a matching demon amp and dcs player. They are excellent but i haven't used them in over a year. If u don't mind second hand...make me an offer. Will post model numbers when i get home.

I have a matching demon amp and dcs player. They are excellent but i haven't used them in over a year. If u don't mind second hand...make me an offer. Will post model numbers when i get home.

normal amp or av amp?

id need model numbers to even think about making an offer

It's an AV amp mate. its abotu 4 years old tho. excellent quality but as a result has no HDMI sockets btu does facilitate full 1080p via Component.

DVD doesn have hdmi but upscales is nto a bluray. however, it was givent excellent reviews as a CD player which is why i bought it in the first place.

model numbers to follow..

It's an AV amp mate. its abotu 4 years old tho. excellent quality but as a result has no HDMI sockets btu does facilitate full 1080p via Component.

DVD doesn have hdmi but upscales is nto a bluray. however, it was givent excellent reviews as a CD player which is why i bought it in the first place.

model numbers to follow..

thanks for the offer but i need a 1.4 hdmi machine

Yamaha RXV371 £229

Onkyo TXNR509 £299

Pioneer VSX300 £299

From what you have asked for I would say that these are probably your best bet. All 3D compatable with V1.4HDMI for ARC. The Onkyo is a really good buy for the money, it has netowork features so you can stream music from your PC and the internet through Napster, Spotify and V Radio. Stay away from the Sony's. Lots of them knocking around for cheap but they are pretty shite TBH.

If you need anything else drop me a PM...