Gears sticking....

Xbandito

On both my bikes, the Derbi Terra and the baby Vara, go into 1st, 2nd but then wont go into 3rd, let alone any higher. I have to roll off the throttle and keep trying till it goes in, sometimes I have to do it without the clutch. The annoying thing is the Vara is only 5 days old (got knocked over when two days old) but the Derbi is now 10 months old (and this could be another thing to add to the list of faults) but what is happening ?. Some biker lads yesterday said something about the "spring", others said the clutch needs adjusting.....confused...please help, I look like such a noob going up the road with the bike reving like hell, trying to get it into gear.. :oops:

When does the clutch bite?

If you pop it into first and the revs drop it might be dragging. So details on how far you let the lever out before it bites would help :thumb:

As if you let it out a few mm and its going then you just need to adjust the clutch cable done using the adjusters at the lever and at the engine. Use youtube if you dont know how to adjust a clutch, its literally a 2 minute job.