job interview

Guest Numbers

i have a job interview this afternoon, never had one before so a little nervous of whats going to happen, its for a supermarket job but they never told me what job it is lol

any tips from the much wiser people on here would be great

Just turn up 5 or 10 mins before your interview to show you can be trusted to be on time (alot of people cant manage this) it will also you to calm down instead of being all rush rush. During the interview be polite, smile, laugh, being nervous shows you care but dont be a total wreck. Then spool all the usual crap they expect you to say, you like working as part of a team, you like meeting new people and your good at problem solving. Another good tip would be dont seem like your too clever and have ambitions outside of a supermarket...

My brother applied for tescos to stock shelves as did my other sisters boyfriend.... my brother has A's in Maths, English and Sciences but my sisters partner was a dropout and scraped Ds and Es. They had the same group interview and my brother had alot of input whereas my sister partner just slobbed in his chair wearing his trackies.... guess who got the job :? Needless to say my brother was fuming.

Supermarkets are looking for long term employees so just act like you always wanted to work as a supermarket person and cant see yourself working anywhere else until you retire :lol:

Good luck 8-)

dress smartly, don't turn up in jeans and t shirt! have a shave (if it applies lol :lol: ) be confident and answer the questions quickly and concisely, don't babble on about nothing. have a think about why you want the job, and don't just say that you need the money. tell them why you want to work for that particular company and what you can give them. do some research into the company, how many stores they have, how many staff, what their profit/turnover was for last year etc. make it look like you are actually interested.

good luck :-)

Do not brag about any skill or ability you think they might want and not be able to back it up!

Be yourself.

Show interest in the company and ask what opportunities for advancemnt (with them) you may have - i.e. long-term commitment.

Good luck!

:thumb:

Show them are keen and flexable, Prepared to work evenings and weekends.

Inform them you have no trouble travelling to/from work.

You are relieable, trustworthy, you can work on your own as well as in a team.

You can follow instructions and pick up routines quickly.

Basically they will be looking for someone that can get to/from work, will turn up on time and do the job without having to be supervised all the time.

Don't Speak Chav (Nice one, sweet, innit, laters etc :D )

Be confident, Its the first step whatever happens its an experiance for future interviews

Best of luck Numbers :cheers:

Do your homework on the company, know who is at the top etc, state of their shares and that.

Get a few questions ready for them, things like what are the opportunities for promotion etc etc. Just be yourself and don't lie to them about anything.

Blue Sky thinking, they love all that bullshit so throw loads in like "Team player" and shit like that.

Good Luck mate. :)

thanks guys already took notes down about the company will ad a few more and read them through in the car

not had it yet its at half 3 and iv now got a headache great, let you know how i get on

thanks all

Guest philgale

No manner how long you intend to stay with a company always express an interest of career progression within the organisation. They see that as showing commitment so if they have to spend money training you its not gonna go to waste.

other than that do what TC says