Best winter bike gear?

I've got leathers which won't be an option in winter, anyone know some textile jacket which you can feel nice and warm despite the cold? I've seen a few on eBay but I'm not sure if they are thick enough for winter (because I'll be riding in subzero temps) I really don't want to wear too many layers, so guys I want to know what you wear or your routine... Thanks!

Been said before mate, lots of thin layers will help keep out the cold. I have a textile jacket and to be honest, it`s not that good. I find a "shower proof" (no material or vents) leather jacket with a few under garments and in real bad weather, my over jacket to be fine. What causes the cold is the rushing air over the body (imo) so stop that and you should be OK.

i've got a fairly cheap textile jacket by RST, the motopilot, and it done me proud all of last winter. Has a storm flap over the zip so the wind doesn't get in, has a fleece liner as well.

unless you want to spend out on a seriously expensive jacket, then i think you will still have to put on quite a few layers when it gets really cold.

wearing a back protector helps keep you warm as well (one that you strap to yourself, not the kind that is held within the jacket lining)

Been said before mate, lots of thin layers will help keep out the cold. I have a textile jacket and to be honest, it`s not that good. I find a "shower proof" (no material or vents) leather jacket with a few under garments and in real bad weather, my over jacket to be fine. What causes the cold is the rushing air over the body (imo) so stop that and you should be OK.

:stupid:

so important to keep the wind off you. a waterproof over jacket works really well!

so important to keep the wind off you. a waterproof over jacket works really well!

base layers, got mine from lidl cheap as chips but do the job well, nice textile jacket with liner i got a buffalo rocket jacket and buffalo samurai trousers, oxford chill out balaclava (with neck tube when the temperature drops) rst waterproof boots and bike socks, then spada enforcer gloves which keep my hands nice and warm for about an hour or so.

its all about preparing and wrapping up tight. i used to commute from leeds to sheffield last winter in temperatures of about 3-4 and only just started to feel the cold when i was arriving at work.

also found that wearing a pair of trakies over the base layers under my insulated textiles works wonders too.