RANT.

Lonely Old Dave

I think thats just modern life imo, i couldnt careless about my neighbours I have enough on my plate with my own family.

With the migration of people from all wlaks of life the whole community thing has gone.

But nice to see you misty eyed old folk.

I think thats just modern life imo, i couldnt careless about my neighbours I have enough on my plate with my own family.

With the migration of people from all wlaks of life the whole community thing has gone.

But nice to see you misty eyed old folk.

misty eyed? you need to get out of Yorkshire more Techno. The 'community thing' is still alive and well in lots of places outside of your area. g/f moved here 4 months ago from Yorkshire and can't get over how different and happier people are here :wink:

I've found it quite interesting reading this thread.

What strikes me is what appears to be distinct differences of opinion between those of the younger forum members and those of us over a certain age!

The more idealistic views of those still to experience the consequences of living in this country for some years V's the more philosophical thoughts of those who don't seem surprised at anything these days! :roll:

Very diplomatic Sue :D ,, The comments about young & old is quite valid,, the one thing that scares the crap out of me these days is the way that government & all types of work places have passed the buck on pensions, So that it's your job to provide for your own retirement & your old age,, as a young person trying to get a foothold on the property market, raise a family + food & other bills, the last thought on your mind is old age & chucking money into a retirement plan,,

I was lucky, I worked in one of the UKs biggest aircraft suppliers for a good number of years, their pension scheme is providing me with a standard of living that makes life tolerable in this day & age,, I'm sure that a lot of us over that certain age have some form of back up plan in the pipeline for retirement,,

As I've said in one of my other posts a while ago, it's important for the younger generation to invest in their own retirement,, Because if you don't, life in your old age will be complete & utter SHIT,,, at this time the State Pension is £112 pounds a week, out of that you pay all your bills (gas, electric, water & rates) you buy your food,, then what's left over you can lash out & treat yourself,,,,,,,, Merry Christmas :cheers:

In a similar position Cruz - done the right thing by looking after my pensionable years & still been shafted!

Paid into my LG pension for a long time because I was advised it was a good pension, and now the f*ckers are moving the goalposts YET AGAIN! :evil: All I want is what was in the contract when I first took the pension out! Had I known back then that this would happen I wouldn't have bothered!!

Jeez, at this rate I'll be dead before I get anything!!!! :roll:

So you younger folk, don't pay into a pension - invest your money wisely elsewhere!!

Am doing :thumb:

When I go contract like the guys I work with they submit half their pay into a saving fund. I am going to do the same and then try and get into property as a few blokes around my office buy blocks of flats and make their money off the rent people pay to be there. That way when Im not on a contract I am pulling cash in from somewhere but when I am on a contract for a year the profit can go straight into that fund...

Or at least thats the plan, Im only 21 but I intend to have a fair few million to retire with :D