New DSA Mod 1 video

One difference is that the examiner doesn't walk in front of the bike holding out his clipboard for the slow ride. Instead, the pupil is asked to ride slowly by himself and stop at blue cones.

I'm sure one of his minors is for not checking to his left and right ie. looking for moving traffic, when he's walking the bike out of the parking space.

that's what it was like on my test though.

i thought they changed it to this a few months ago and then were going to change it again and make it harder this month or next?

They won't ever make it harder! All the MCN lot that passed their test years ago would whine to much... again. And we all know it's far more important to please them than it ever would be to improve the standard of training in order to reduce the KSI stats.

oh. so were they just rumors that said that the one sown in the video was temporary and that they were changing them again around new year?

Maybe. Are you sure the "rumours" were not just yet another consultation?

I seem to recall that they originally said that the offroad stuff was going back on road around October when they were intending to dumb it all down again to MCN level.

So who knows... :D

oh. so were they just rumors that said that the one sown in the video was temporary and that they were changing them again around new year?

I seem to recall that they originally said that the offroad stuff was going back on road around October when they were intending to dumb it all down again to MCN level.

This is how Mod 1 changed on May 16, 2011: http://www.dft.gov.uk/news/stories/dsa-news-20110328

The test in the video reflects these changes. There haven't been any changes since those introduced on May 16. It's taken the DSA until November 28 to update its video.

Separately, I'm sure a consultation is under way on proposals to go back to one, on-road test, rather than the current two module structure. I can't find it at the moment so could be wrong.

Possibly.

I just looked it up, and yea I think it was pretty much. Although I thought I had heard that it was eing made harder than it is now. This is what I was thinking of. Its not at all in depth, but it may jog memories http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_193248 although it still seems its going to be in two sections so don't see the point in the change, just putting more hazards on the road for other road users by putting hazard avoidance on the public highway. Nothing wrong with how it is atm, so why bother spending money on changing it?

Oh by the way, thanks for the vid! And dont worry, if this thread carries on I wall make another one to avoid hijacking this one and making it go off topic :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...