UK Challenge 100 Discussion 2012

TC

Bloody hell what a day 170miles in this wind, tha dam motorway on the way back was horrendous!

Anyway a decent trip to say its Jan nearly a disaster on the way to the cat as some idiot decided green light was the cue for him to cross and he nearly had an fz1 parked on him, luckily it was walking pace still I got the bike stopped and he wandered into me, well his bin bag did :roll:

Got my bike going eventually, courtesy of a new battery :roll:

Had a great couple of hrs out, riding around fairly locally. Got some very strange looks from passers by and had to park in some dodgy places!! Not a lot of miles - approx 45-50 but thoroughly enjoyable :D

We realised when we got home that we forgot to go to the Rose & Crown, which is one of our most frequented pubs!!!

Doh!! :lol:

It's great to see the variety of piccies in the Challenge pics thread - some good scores totting up too.

Great to see people getting out on their bikes 8-)

Tc said how pleased he was how its taken off already!

Oh and am hitting your neck of the woods next time for some of them!

Bloody hell that was a windy day :shock:

Good to see techno and have a chat and a blast

Nice to get a few points on the board

Well done everyone that has been out and about.

Doc I might come up and get Glasson dock with you and Rivvi Barn if i'm not at work.

I can Vouch for rennies Bacon Butties :thumb:

Hey Sue........the White Hart at Ironbridge.....me and BonnieBird stayed there for the weekend the one before Christmas.....was in the car as we were doing some walking around there......really nice place....... 8-)

Glad to see so many people getting into this challenge even though it's still only January..... 8-)

Weather looking a bit ominous for tomorrow.....but I think we'll still try to get over to Towcester and pick up a pub or 2 on the way.

Thanks for the offer of lodgings Sue & Ian......may take you up on that later in the year..... 8-)

Likewise....we'll have a sort out at home and free up a bit of space so we can extend the same offer to anyone that wants to "do" this area........ :mrgreen:

Oh and am hitting your neck of the woods next time for some of them!

I'm thinkink of sorting a run to capture Glasson - poss next week if the weather is OK - you up for it??

I could be persuaed as I have no idea where that is lol

All 10 pubs done plus 3 others grand day out on the bike

You were only supposed to do them on the bloody bike.

I'd better sort out the Pub group completed Sig strip for you then.

Had a nice little ride out today and picked up a few more pics. I also managed to bump into tango and bonniebird at super sausage cafe. Shame we didn't get a chance for a proper chat and ride together but im sure we will meet up again come summer.

Hope you got back home ok and didn't take the scenic route again :lol:

Just back and warming up with a coffee, nice to see you Whitedevil - took a different scenic route back but a bit dark and wet by the time we got home.

Mind you, if we hadn't got lost on the way over we wouldn't have found two of the pubs

Picked up the Sausage, Jack's Hill and Silverstone + three more pubs - really nice run. Will post the pics a bit later

Yeah, it was nice to meet you Whitedevil....shame we didn't know you were headed there otherwise we could have arranged a bit more of a meet. Looks like you got Silverstone before the weather really closed in.... 8-) The journey back wasn't quite as "scenic" as the run over to Towcester......in fact we didn't get lost once on the way home...... :lol:

We bumped into a guy we met in St Neots last week at the Super Sausage and we rode back to Bedford together before he peeled off towards Northampton. It was a bit wet on the way back and I feel sorry for him coz there's a lot of Chrome on that Victory to clean after he got back..... :wink: Really nice bloke though......and seriously into his biking...... 8-)

So I think we got 60 points today......and 150 miles to get them......so a grand day out..... 8-)

Just to add that the Tag100 challenge is really effective at getting us out on our bikes and down new roads and to new places (not too sure about the cart track that Tango led me down :lol: mind you, i've always wanted to try greenlaneing, just not on a Bonneville).

Here's me warming up with a coffee, waiting for my foot-long hotdog at the Super Sausage (highly recommended) and wearing my TMBF hoody (nice and cosy) :D :D

excuse the helmet-hair!! :oops:

P1020187.thumb.JPG.1172f843225870ca2000d828709d4622.JPG

Its good to see people getting out and about using the game with the intention it was put together for.

As a little incentive for every Group you complete you will be awarded a completion of group pictue for your sig Strip. (Like earning a Medal)

So let me know every time you complete a group.

Here's the pubs one for people to see http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq63/brazenf91/pubchallenge.jpg?t=1325984913