1st gear bike struggles

shakeyshane

In first gear at high revs my bike just sounds wron. And dont pick up speed properly.unless i jiggle the throttle then power valve kicks in problem is i have to move throttle back and forward alot. Is this a air filter problem or something els other than that bike is fine and ok in other gears

In first gear at high revs my bike just sounds wron.

Thats called hitting the limiter, change up a gear, should sort the problem ;)

Na, I dunno. What rev range is high for you? What bike? Do you go over the red line?

In first gear at high revs my bike just sounds wron.

Thats called hitting the limiter, change up a gear, should sort the problem ;)

Na, I dunno. What rev range is high for you? What bike? Do you go over the red line?

Dont go anywhere near red line about half my clock.like i said if i jiggle throttle is opens up and let me go to higher rev its like its not getting enough fuel. Ive only got a suzuki rg f

Ive just had the tank and carb cleaned also new spark plug. So i aint got a clue

You've checked the air filter, throttle & choke cables for free play? I had a "problem" where the bike was sluggish below about 35k reves. Looked at the filter and you could have grown 'taters in it. Swapped it out and hey presto, new bike...

I guess she was getting just enough air to idle, but until the engine hit a certain rev point and sucked hard enough, she struggled.