best mid sized bike (500cc -750cc)

Guest toothe

<t>Best mid sized bike for a first big bike?</t>  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Best mid sized bike for a first big bike?

• Bandit 600/650
    • CBR600
    • hornet
    • FAZER
    • triumph street triple

What is your budget, buying new? if so The Triple.

Nearly new, why not a Fazer.

Older, probably a CBR, it is all down to personal taste, I would never listen to anybody else, I would go and try them all..........then

Buy a Yamaha :D

Naked choice has to be the street triple

Personaly think the gixxer 750 is a bit of a beast for a first bike.Its not far off the power of 1000's of a couple of years ago

I chose an R6 as my first bike never thought id made the wrong decision.Turns in alot sharper than the Gixxer and not as much of a handful as the zx6 service intervals are 1000 mile more too.If sporty is what your after any of the 600 sports will do a cracking job,CBR,R6,Gsxr6,zx6r,Daytona maybe.

I might be slightly biased toward the yamaha.Its never let me down over 23000 miles.

Edited by j4ff

If new street triple...if not the fazer but it depends what fits but also its not a car so you will buy with heart not youre head you will be looking and a bright light will shine down on you and you know thats the bike for me.

If it happens near a bandit just means ya need help.. :lol:

Oh and flame on ninj is right the best bike is the 636!

This is a tricky one ...

The Triple has trounced everything in all the road-tests ...

But only comes naked - with the option of a tiddly fly-screen ..

But some of the others come half-faired -- MUCH better for longer distances ..

And the CBR is a good, faired all-rounder, specially the old cbr600F

The big question is what are you going to use it for ??

Fun, commuting, long hauls ???

:D

In the end I voted bandit - cos the Street Trip might be a bit quick for a novice - 140 odd mph...

And the Bandits that bit more novice friendly ...

Thats a nice way of saying boring!

And I believe with a large cliff the bandit is capable of hitting similar speeds!

Get a ktm 950 sm :lol:

Sit on a variety of bikes, read reviews, etc. If you are worried about choosing "the perfect" bike (assuming you have a non-unlimited budget), definitely consider buying a used bike for your first bike. It will make it a lot less expensive trading up once you've tried a particular bike for a while and decide you want a change.

I voted bandit as a first bike - it gets great reviews as an all-rounder for a first big bike, is cheap to buy a low mileage, late model, used one (cheap new too, especially this time of year), etc. I bought a bandit as my first big bike after short listing many of the same ones you have. Definitely have a think about how you'll use the bike most, like whether you need/want a fairing.

Finally, ignore the boy-racers (everyone else does :twisted:) and choose what you want!