motorbike mod 2 exam

Hi all,

i have my mod 2 exam comming up soon and have few questions as follow:

1. my rev counter does not work, is that a fail? my speedo works

2. I currently do not wear glass for driving but was suggested by the optician to do so( he said it is not a must) so i have not yet reported the change to dvla as i am ok driving without them and sometime also wear them. my question is if i turn up without glasses and fail to read the plate and then put it on and then can read it, would that be acceptable and thus reporting the change after that ?

3.i have moved home and have not reported the change as there was not enough time to get my license back with the new address, if i pass can they also report the change at the same time ?

4. are there list of questions that they ask same as with car about the bike mechanics and etc?

5.if they give you a direction and you fail to follow it ( cant safely for instance turn right) then i think you can take an alternative route ( i was told to treat them same as sat nav)

6. any other suggestion and what to expect on the day

and finally do you think this is harder or mod 1?

i hope i don't come across as rude by listing my question and all answers are appreiated

thanks

I think they could change your address at the same time but you'd have to fill in the relevant form and any payment and send them all off together. When I passed they offered to send off my licence for me to get it updated but if you've got the wrong address on then I'd decline so you can send it all off yourself. I'd go ask at the Post Office (is that still where you get the forms?)

If there's a risk you won't be able to read the numberplate without them then wear them, failing to read the numberplate will be a test fail (I think you get two chances before he officially measures one out and if you fail the third one you've failed your test and don't even get out on the road). If you wear your glasses to read the numberplate however, you then have to wear them whenever you ride.

There is a set list of questions they can ask from:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg ... 197378.pdf

You cannot fail for taking a wrong turn as long as whatever you do do you do safely and correctly. It's not a test of your navigation ability, it's a test of your riding ability. I wouldn't make a habit of it but if you miss one it doesn't matter. If you miss one don't let it throw you either, if you miss the turning then just shake it off and carry on, don't start beating yourself up.

There is one part of the test where they'll just tell you, for example, "follow the signs to ..." and leave you to it for a few minutes. Again, as long as you do it safely it doesn't matter. If you go off the route he wanted he'll start giving you directions again.

It's easier than mod 1, it's just riding around and you know you can do that already :)

Good luck

Hi all,

i have my mod 2 exam comming up soon and have few questions as follow:

1. my rev counter does not work, is that a fail? my speedo works

I take it you're doing your test on your own 125? I know they say the vehicle has to be in a roadworthy condition, and that you have all the relevant docs -maybe worth finding out from a garage if it's a problem beforehand, so you don't turn up and fail before you've even started. Hopefully someone will come along after me and be able to tell you.

2. I currently do not wear glass for driving but was suggested by the optician to do so( he said it is not a must) so i have not yet reported the change to dvla as i am ok driving without them and sometime also wear them. my question is if i turn up without glasses and fail to read the plate and then put it on and then can read it, would that be acceptable and thus reporting the change after that ? Best thing to do in that case is get yourself a tape measure and measure the minimum distance - around about 20 metres or so from your bike or someone's car and see if you can recite the number plate, which'll tell you whether you need your glasses or not.

3.i have moved home and have not reported the change as there was not enough time to get my license back with the new address, if i pass can they also report the change at the same time ? I think they may be able to do. The examiner will ask if the address printed is still correct, so I imagine if you say no, he'll tell you what happens next.

4. are there list of questions that they ask same as with car about the bike mechanics and etc?

Yes here http://www.theorytest.net/show-me-tell- ... rcycle.htm

5.if they give you a direction and you fail to follow it ( cant safely for instance turn right) then i think you can take an alternative route ( i was told to treat them same as sat nav) If you can't follow/ or mishear what he/she says carry on and wait for further instructions, don't risk trying to take the next junction unless you're specifically told.

6. any other suggestion and what to expect on the day

Remember to take all your docs - both parts of driving licence, cbt, mod1 certificate, and if using your own bike your insurance docs and MOT certificate (if applicable). Make sure all your lights work, and your chain's ok -and if you can sort that rev counter then all the better. You're likely to be nervous but they will expect that - from memory my examiner asked to see my docs, then explained that he was going to radio me up, and talked through what we were going to do. We then went outside to the bike, read the number plate attached to the fence and he did the show me tell me questions. Jumped on the bike and off we went - observations are a must. Remember your shoulder checks and regularly look in your mirrors - actually turn your head so he can see you doing them. Be prepared for him being sneaky like mine was. You'll have your angled start and your hill start. Mine decided he was going to combine them, on a rather steep gradient. He also took me round all sorts of roads - 60mph limits, town centre, narrow country roads, housing estates with unmarked crossroads, past schools and that kind of thing.

and finally do you think this is harder or mod 1?

I found mod2 more difficult -there's so many more variables that can affect your riding, but others will say differently. I found mod1 very easy.

i hope i don't come across as rude by listing my question and all answers are appreiated

Not at all, if you don't ask you won't know. Good luck for your test :D

thanks

re your address: I was in the same situation and no, they can't change your address at the same time.

My previous address was my mums though so wasn't really an issue.

I found mod 2 a breeze compared tp mod 1 :)

Good luck!

thanks for all of the answers

That is correct i am doing it on my own bike and wasn't aware i should take mot and insurance which i will now

in regard to hill start i am ok, what about the angle start? what do you have to do ?

thanks

what about the angle start? what do you have to do ?

The examiner will stop you about 10 metres before a parked car on the side of the road and then tell you to move on. It's all about good rear observations, getting into the right position to see round it without putting yourself in the way of anything that might be coming the other way and then moving round it safely.

You need to take:

CBT certificate

Photocard AND paper counterpart of your licence

Theory Test pass certificate

Module 1 pass certificate

Insurance and MOT cert. if required

Your bike must be roadworthy and have mirrors fitted

Failing to change your address is in fact an offence. I would suggets you fill in the section for address changes on the paper part and explain you have just moved.

And good luck!