FZS600 ---Gareth's first Project---

Mate, don't worry, welding the keepers up is easy as eating a big cake! I'll come down tomorrow and sort it out. Didn't understand what you meant re 'bars' I thought you meant handlebars, are you on about the down pipes? I have got welder, easy outs, taps and dies, and decent drill bits. We will sort it one way or the other!

Mate, don't worry, welding the keepers up is easy as eating a big cake! I'll come down tomorrow and sort it out. Didn't understand what you meant re 'bars' I thought you meant handlebars, are you on about the down pipes? I have got welder, easy outs, taps and dies, and decent drill bits and if they fail ive got large hammer and chisel. We will sort it one way or the other!

Headers are all different sizes mate. Buy a digital caliper, about. 8quid, measure yours and ask the seller what size he is selling. Don,t refer to headers as bars, bars are handlebars or crash bars. Buy a Haynes manual and study it

So matt came round.

He welded the keepers no problem.

We got the broken bolt but unfortinatly another one was stuck and without taking the engine out we were unable to tap and die a thread into it (and the awkwardness of the position).

Also bleed the radiator.

Gaskets coming monday so should be going to get the screw heli coiled so that it fits nice by a local garage hopefully.

So big thanks to matt

Yep, got 2 out of 3 studs out no prob, the last one was absolutely welded in, and boy did we get some HEAT on it! Ended up giving up on it, got a hole drilled out ready, but no way to get a tap handle in due to the frame, had everything but a 5mm spanner to turn the back of the tap! still ready to tap a thread in now, or helicoil if that turns out to be the easiest.

Have to say, it's great meeting new people from a forum, and making new friends! Nice to meet you and your dad Gareth.

Jesus the header bolts were bent as **** before you touched them! getting to them if its 2-3 header youll have the engine out.

Wish i saw this post before you attempted to remove the studs, they are a nightmare on a fazer and you need plenty of head and about a weeks spraying of plus gas.

As for the studs i bought these for mine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M6-x-18mm-lon ... 230c4c49f5

Good luck though any questions pop over to fazer owners club (FOC U)

Cheers boro,

The studs are out except one, ill get heli coiled. Think they havnt moved since 1999 and 41k miles.

I am a memebr of the owners club just never go on it, i guess i should :P

My gaskets finaly arrived today, There is still a bit of blowing, but rung a local garage and they will do the helicoil and stop the blowing for me.

Just got to ride down the road and be a bit louder than usual

• 2 weeks later...