Can anyone recomend me a bike camera?

Nice. I expect reviews :)
If only some idiot (me) hadn't left the camera on overnight, I would now have a nice video of my ride to work.

As it is, no video and also no waterproof jacket liner as my forgetfulness also extends to leaving that at home. Praying for no rain.

So far I'm relatively unimpressed.

Quality of the kit is good, and most importantly despite looking like it will cause issues when helmet mounted, I never noticed it was there even up to 70.

Picture quality is definitely better than my cheap £15 camera but I'm not sure it's 24 times as good (i might be doing something wrong)

Also the supplied software is crap. You can't edit a video with out converting it from mp4 to AVI or MOV, then some basic adjustments are possible after which you have to convert again (to mp4 i think). No ability to combine clips either which seems crazy, unless it's just a ploy so you buy their expensive software. Even the short 2 minute video Gayle took was about 20-30 minutes in conversion. Mine from this morning (7m long) has so far taken about 2 1/2 - 3 hours to reach 71% and now seems to be stuck.

If it ever converts I'll post my test video.

75mins later, Eds video finally uploaded.

Doesn't look very smooth to me, quite jerky in parts? Not sure if thats my laptop, having used windows movie maker to trim it, other?

looks pretty good from here!

but I found a problem............wheres the music :mrgreen: :lol:

I've got a couple of GoPro Blacks i used for skiing this past season. Very impressive piece of kit with impressive picture quality if you need it and crank the settings up. Yep they are quite expensive and the battery life on the latest models is not the best (especially on wifi) but i've yet to see a review for an alternative camera with better picture quality.

Unfortunately the nearest i've got to a set of handlebars with my GoPros so far is a snowmobile so i'll spare you the video on that.

I have a Drift GHOST HD camera, with helmet mount and wing mirror mount.

Here is the camera

http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/drift-hd-ghost?gclid=CM_Yk-X5h7gCFajKtAodLT4A7A

and here is some footage from windsurfing with the camera, select 1080 quality when viewing, the camera has a remote which fits nicely onto the handle bars

I haven't uploaded my bike footage yet, but its a great camera.

Heres some with my old camera, also 1080 HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cjFYdc3LCs

I have a Drift GHOST HD camera, with helmet mount and wing mirror mount.

Here is the camera

http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/drift-hd-ghost?gclid=CM_Yk-X5h7gCFajKtAodLT4A7A

and here is some footage from windsurfing with the camera, select 1080 quality when viewing, the camera has a remote which fits nicely onto the handle bars

I haven't uploaded my bike footage yet, but its a great camera.

Heres some with my old camera, also 1080 HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cjFYdc3LCs

We were pretty tempted by the ghost, but the 240fps on the gopro sold it for us this time round.

Don't know if its been mentioned already in this thread but there's a gent on YouTube who reviews loads of cameras, type in techmoan or action cam reviews

Also the supplied software is crap. You can't edit a video with out converting it from mp4 to AVI or MOV, then some basic adjustments are possible after which you have to convert again (to mp4 i think). No ability to combine clips either which seems crazy, unless it's just a ploy so you buy their expensive software. Even the short 2 minute video Gayle took was about 20-30 minutes in conversion. Mine from this morning (7m long) has so far taken about 2 1/2 - 3 hours to reach 71% and now seems to be stuck.

If it ever converts I'll post my test video.

All Go Pro files have to be converted prior to editing in any software. It is because of the way the native file container records and stores the information. Most formats record all the info for each frame on each frame. Go Pros spread it around the file.

There are good free file converters out there. On Macs I use MPeg Stream Clip.

When editing video files be aware processes take time and it is often best to go away and let it do its stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Groupon atm for £90 off the GoPro Hero 3 black with free delivery :)

If anyone is thinking of it, not on groupon and feeling nice send me a PM with your email so I can earn a £6 voucher for recommending it to you if you buy it :D