clutch slip at wits end

illvibetip

hi.

Can anyone please help me? ? ?

Ive had a problem with my bike for 3 months which so far no one and and a large amount of cash has managed to get to the bottom of.

I was riding a few months back and I basically lost all my gears apart from 5th 100 miles from home.

When I got it back I had (at different shops) the clutch plates removed and changed, the drive shaft/gear shaft changed and the gear selector changed.

It still doesn’t feel right. It slips out of gear when im riding sometimes – mostly in 4th. I went over a bump a few days ago and it came out then too. It feels very ‘spongy’ when Im changing down and occasionally gets stuck in Neutral. I have to stamp on it to get it to go down sometimes.

I tested it clutchlessly (going up) for 30 mins the other day and it still slipped out.

The lad at the shop reccons its me not the bike but ive been riding it for 2 years and reccon I know how to change gear on it.

Any help would be greatly received because im at my wits end especially because im not a mechanic in any shape or form. :|

Thanks

(hyosung comet gt 250)

Strip it yourself and check against a manual...

I know the Hyosungs have a crap gearbox but the GT250R I used wasn't that bad!

If the selector drum has been replaced then id be checking to make sure the pins are ok as well as it sounds like the selector isnt engaging them or maybe you have a crap gear linkage on the outside and youve been ripped off :lol:

Other than that your gearbox is going or a bearing has gone somewhere...

thanks for the replies.

Like I said, Im not much of a mechanic, is it possible to change only specific gears or would i need to haul the whole thing? It seems to be only 3 rd and 4 th Im having problems with.

cheers

if it is only 2 gears that you are having a problem with i would check the condition of the selector fork that operates those gears,it still means a engine strip but might not be so costly to repair you cant check the fork untill the engine cases have been opened up

i just read ' grimlim zzip mnaestor deetor yan bo etc.'. Itll take me a while to decifer what you just said - thanks for putting me on the right tracks, Im going to make a start on it this weekend once i find out what tools i need. its reassuring to know im saving myself money at the cost of learning. cheers