Suggestions for Venue for next years TMBF Rally

Tango

I also think it would be best to keep it pretty central to make it accessible for most people. The riding is amazing near me but I'm probably a bit too far west for some - the roads would equal if not better those in Derbyshire though :mrgreen: .

Square and Compass looks good Cat :D

Am happy with the location quite central for all of us,

square and compass only has 5 rooms though! :|

few more would be nice, wouldent have to pack so much then and be able to come on the bike next time,

Matlock location was lovely,

I've passed that pub before so know where it is - does look quite good, especially location.

Can't see any mention of leccy hook-ups on the camping field on their website though! :?

Have concerns about space for a social though - there are more of us each year, which is another reason for moving from Miner's Standard.

Looking at some the camping websites, it may be too small for us.

There's this place....

http://www.pitchup.com/campsites/Englan ... -end-farm/

That welcomes bikers and rallies apparently.

There is a pub/B+B down the road....

http://www.dogandpartridge.co.uk/index.html

That may be worth a look.

It says 30 pitches as the top but further down says 26-50 and most of our tents are pretty small

Weekend recce in the square and compass then :lol:

Okay mate, think I'm off the following sunday too so gimme a shout :)

Yes please. K. Thanks. Bye.

So that'll be 29 July?

Its 3hrs from me but as I didnt get to the rally this year I'd be up for a ride up t'poob to at least say hullo :D

Can I throw something else into the mix???

http://www.hallshire.com/halls/view/687 ... orial-hall

Hall looks plenty big enough, there are kitchen facilities and a large field.

As Gill & Rennie will tell you, the roads and scenery around the area are rather special!! :D

Not sure of B & B's in the area though.

I've read some of the reviews of the square and compass, too, and they're generally negative.

the halfway house inn looks good - i like the option of hiring a caravan for the weekend too

i've not got a link, cos i'm useless :lol: , but the Royal Oak at Hurdlow looks good.

Just had another look at their website - they've got a camping barn they take group bookings for, but don't do large groups for the campsite

I've read some of the reviews of the square and compass, too, and they're generally negative.

the halfway house inn looks good - i like the option of hiring a caravan for the weekend too

i've not got a link, cos i'm useless :lol: , but the Royal Oak at Hurdlow looks good.

Just had another look at their website - they've got a camping barn they take group bookings for, but don't do large groups for the campsite

There you go....

http://peakpub.co.uk/camping/

Looks good - it may be that some people would prefer the barn - especially with the traditional rally weather.

Like the look of the Unicorn too

There you go....

http://peakpub.co.uk/camping/

Looks good - it may be that some people would prefer the barn - especially with the traditional rally weather.

Like the look of the Unicorn too

would say the royal oak might be a no 4.No large group bookings taken in the campsite

Yes. But the Miner's Standard was actually really cheap if you wanted it to be.

Only £10 each to camp, no cost for function room - people could cook their own food & drink their own drink if they wanted to.

Even if it cost another £15 per head on top of the camping cost, £25 is really quite cheap for a weekend away!

lets face it no matter where we go in Derbyshire its never going to be far from your house :lol:

Yeh but that place is taking the piss... I would probably still have choke on the bike by the time I got there :shock: :lol: