Mod 2 was doomed!

Guest Savanna1702

I'm sure I'll look back and laugh about this story!!

I had my mod 2 last friday and was running a bit late, I had a 125 to ride to the test centre and set off down the country roads going a bit faster than I should have been, feeling very conscious of the time. Long story short - I took a corner too fast, I dont know what happened but I ended up in a wall with the bike on top of me! :shock:

The bike seemed ok apart from a broken mud guard and bent handlebars, and my leg was throbbing & I was pretty shaken up but I didnt have time to think about it - I had to get to my test! I guess I was doomed from that point. Climbing onto the CBF600 I felt wobbly and every corner I felt like I was going to drop the bike. My instructor didnt know what was wrong with me and i couldnt tell him that I'd just crashed on my way there!! :oops:

The test itself was horrendous. The examiner was in a bad mood as he'd lost his previous 2 people in traffic and had to return to the test centre on his own (he was following in a car that day) I have never ridden so badly :( I kept stalling, which I never do and at one point I was riding along, glanced at my dash and saw that the indicator was still on from ages ago....another thing I have NEVER done, even in my CBT....I knew at that point I'd failed and kinda gave up.

But the worst bit was still to come - the busiest roundabout in town, I had to take the third exit, I found a suitable gap - went to move off and did the biggest, most dramatic horrible stall EVER...!! :shock: I almost dropped the bike and had to put down both feet but by this point I was actually on the roundabout and cars were moving round me...to say I was mortifed is an understatement :crybaby: And that was what the examiner failed me on! I still dont know how I managed that stall, I presumed I hadnt changed down gears but I guess I'll never know.

After my test, I took off my boot and realised my ankle was swollen up and really sore from the crash - so went up to A&E. I have torn a ligament and have very impressive bruises down my leg, but fine apart from that.

I was in 2 minds about rebooking the test, but have it rebooked now. 2nd time lucky maybe!! Im not going on a bike before then, so hoping by a 2 week break that my head will be cleared and I'll be able to jump back on ok.

Just sounds like one of those bad days that comes along once in a while..

Dont let what happened put you off biking - remember you have the ZZR600 to look forward to once you pass :cheers:

They can do. When I did my first bike test, the examiner was in his car. Second test, different test centre and examiner, he went on his bike.

Bad luck Savannah - you'll nail it next time :D

I did know examiners would follow in cars :?

Random Factoid #1546. Motorcycle examiners can be in a car during a motorcycle test, but it has to be an automatic.

Presumably somebody who makes major decisions about driving in this country stipulated that, again presumably because he could not envision being able to change gear and watch somebody ride a bike at the same time. Scary.

At least you know what to expect next time Savannah, and like you say, it is easy to do something which you think is a fail and it is not, just carry on doing your best right up until you get off the bike back in the test centre.

Random Factoid #1546. Motorcycle examiners can be in a car during a motorcycle test, but it has to be an automatic.

Presumably somebody who makes major decisions about driving in this country stipulated that, again presumably because he could not envision being able to change gear and watch somebody ride a bike at the same time. Scary.

At least you know what to expect next time Savannah, and like you say, it is easy to do something which you think is a fail and it is not, just carry on doing your best right up until you get off the bike back in the test centre.

Hilarious that they can only follow in an automatic?! Coz changing gears is going to take your attention away from watching the bike....hmmm.... :scratch:

what a horrendous day... as has been said though it does happen now and then when nowt goes right... i had a DAS lesson like that and everything i did was wrong... i wish you luck on your second attempt and you will soon be wondering what all the fuss was about :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Crikey you certainly got off to an awful start didn't you - as if pre-exam nerves aren't bad enough :shock: . Glad you weren't more seriously injured and hope your next test is much less eventful!!