Soft links

argentum40

I am swapping a chain on my CBR and the one i am putting on hasnt got a Soft Link... I believe the chain is a 530 O ring chain but i could be wrong as i know sod all about chains... question is i need a pair of soft links and i dont know which ones to go for :roll:

is there anyway of checking or finding out for sure :?: :?:

this is the sort of thing you are looking for http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCLE-CH ... 20bc39fdbc clean up or check the side plates of other links the chain size should be stamped into them if its not a new chain the box.by the way that ebay link is for reference i know it is different size but they might have the size you are looking for if you contact them

If you are going to go for the hammer method I would use a hard link as they mushroom over better then soft links

A soft link can go one way with their been a hole in the middle one edge can crush in to the middle!

NO!!!

These are not safe at all especially on anything bigger then a 125!!!

I had one on my zxr 400 (i didnt know at the time) and it came off the chain could have taken my leg off!

Dont skimp on safety do the job properly

Firstly buy a chain riveter as it's £30 on evilbay but like all other tools they last a lifetime.

Then secondly always go for the X-ring gold chains.

I had a standard O-ring chain on my CBR600F4i and I went through it in 11000 miles even when it had regular cleaning and lubing. The X-ring has so far done 9000 miles with only 3 adjustments and it still has 3/4 life left.