Gasket set complete?

Karimura

Hi pitstop crew, attempting to find one, looked on like their offical motorcycle parts, and ebay also some sites that sell parts but cannot find a complete gasket set for a engine or exhaust sort of thing. I think the gaskets (complete one) covers the exhaust aswell but If not i'll buy 1 for engine and 1 for exhaust

But all I find is either expensive single items or complete ones for 1980's cgs :/

I have 06 one so giving up here guys so hopefully you can step in and know where to look or something, cheers :)

-reason i need one as engine is using lots of oil but no spileages or burning, it's like got a hole inside where it drips down and burns off inside engine- also my exhaust rattles lol

so your doing a full rebuild because its using some oil :?

how much oil is it using over how many miles?

Got told to look in engine you need to replace them bits so think its true dunno :P

Ummm, I used a full bottle of halfords for around 2months, brought 5 litres one now put some in last week and had my mod 1 training last weekend and they put in half a litre as said it was dry!.

Had many theories, the oil's cream so means water is inside it, and like i stated about burning hole, but also where i ran around for a week without oil it pooped the engine.

I use it around 8 miles every 2 days as i cycle to work the other day, but if i lazy that week it's all 5 days, so 8 miles per day

Full sets are quite expensive, and you will probably use less than half of them really, as you will probably come across the problem before you remove everything.

You will probably be able to get away with a top end gasket set, strip the engine down to the pistons, and hopefully you would have come across the guilty gasket. It's probably the barrel gasket, which is a pain int he arse to get to, but it's a cheap fix.

Exhaust gaskets are only about 20 - 50p each and probably wont come in a full gasket set. You can get them off wemoto and ebay.

Full sets are quite expensive, and you will probably use less than half of them really, as you will probably come across the problem before you remove everything.

You will probably be able to get away with a top end gasket set, strip the engine down to the pistons, and hopefully you would have come across the guilty gasket. It's probably the barrel gasket, which is a pain int he arse to get to, but it's a cheap fix.

Exhaust gaskets are only about 20 - 50p each and probably wont come in a full gasket set. You can get them off wemoto and ebay.

Ohh thanks! yeah I got email listing the gaskets at 5/10 quid each, but some are full and just 16 quid, always confused, but I just buy most likely ones that need replacing :)

Will do!,

Got to fix eletricals, think its worn selnoid not altantor thing,

rear wheel went flat at work so pushed that to mot place,

and oil leaking in my engine somewhere : o

busy weekend!

Bikes tend to need loads of maintenance. I repair something on mine pretty much every weekend, usually small jobs, but they need doing. Funny enough, I sprang a leak in my cooling system yesterday, so my nice relaxing Sunday will be spent in my cold garage grazing my knuckles and swearing a lot! Never mind, that should be all for another week!

I forgot how amusing and great fun motorbikes really are! My slight coolant leak ended up with my radiator completely emptying it's guts over the road on my way home from work today. Lucky my new radiator arrived this morning, but still, tomorrow morning will be spent in a big winter coat, a flask of tea and a tin of rolling backey, in my cold garage, nursing a hangover.

Rock and roll!