Mk1 Bandit rear shock

argentum40

There are some sites with a lot of information on this, they come with dimensions so you want to find which ones fits and then which one you think suits your needs :)

My bike currently runs a CBR1000RR shock. Its to fit a RR swingarm but I have found it to be very good, firms up the rear and stops it fishing when braking hard. But thats tailored to my needs and I like to ride everywhere at the quickest possible speed allowed :mrgreen:

It lined up perfectly, the size of it was tight and I did have to file down one end of the supports as it was too long but we're talking minor stuff. The holes lined up and didnt even require spacers!

I will add I just fitted a GSXR600 shock to a K4 SV650 so Suzukis definately seem to interchange their part sizes!

It lined up perfectly, the size of it was tight and I did have to file down one end of the supports as it was too long but we're talking minor stuff. The holes lined up and didnt even require spacers!

I will add I just fitted a GSXR600 shock to a K4 SV650 so Suzukis definately seem to interchange their part sizes!

they interchange a lot of their parts too. Ever noticed how the bandit and SV have the same indicators? all to do with keeping costs low, which is good for me because I dont have to ook for bandit specific stuff :)

Just work off lengths as many different manufacturers will do the right length shock!

Then look at where its from, so if its sports it will be firm and I would suppose a street/sports tourer setup is what you want though if its adjustable that wont matter too much :)

Just work off lengths as many different manufacturers will do the right length shock!

Then look at where its from, so if its sports it will be firm and I would suppose a street/sports tourer setup is what you want though if its adjustable that wont matter too much :)

Yes on the length, but think about different strokes, a similar shock, that is meant to move half as far due to being geared (cam/link whatever) differently, will be twice as hard as a shock off a similar use bike and vice versa.

SO if you get a shock off a bike that has a real hard rear set up, but put the shock on a bike that has half as much travel, it will be soft on that bike.

Make sense?

Indeed, I encountered this fitting the Gixxer shock onto the SV. Took some fiddling :)

Shock travel needs to be similar though a similar length shock from a similarly set up bike will likely be ok.

However checking is always good, I had some fun fitting a Ninja shock to an old shape SV because of this :lol:

Yes on the length, but think about different strokes, a similar shock, that is meant to move half as far due to being geared (cam/link whatever) differently, will be twice as hard as a shock off a similar use bike and vice versa.

SO if you get a shock off a bike that has a real hard rear set up, but put the shock on a bike that has half as much travel, it will be soft on that bike.

Make sense?

:stupid:

you need to think of spring rates and things like that other wise you could be in a worse position once you fit a different shock

If you can afford it fit a hagon they dont cost too much and are pretty good for the road :)

• 3 months later...