Bandit throttle

Badger08

hi all...bandit again.

changed carbs as the old ones were knackered. but the problem following occured more so with old carbs.

when I rev the engine the rpm doesnt drop as it should. ..infact its more the needle doesnt drop at the rate the engine does. the cables are a bit sticky anyway. ..I jave to close the throttle otherwise it sticks at whatever rpm you're on.

when fitted new carbs...started bike and the rpm dropped as soon as the throttle closed...however the engine cut because idle rpm too low...adjusted this and it ticked over at 1300 but the rpm doesnt decrease as as fast as before.

any advice?

hope this makes sense

hi all...bandit again.

changed carbs as the old ones were knackered. but the problem following occured more so with old carbs.

when I rev the engine the rpm doesnt drop as it should. ..infact its more the needle doesnt drop at the rate the engine does. the cables are a bit sticky anyway. ..I jave to close the throttle otherwise it sticks at whatever rpm you're on.

when fitted new carbs...started bike and the rpm dropped as soon as the throttle closed...however the engine cut because idle rpm too low...adjusted this and it ticked over at 1300 but the rpm doesnt decrease as as fast as before.

any advice?

hope this makes sense

Have you balanced the carbs.....On my last bike this was the problem...

dunno if this will help, but the wires coming out of the throttle are acceleration and deceleration. have a looksy in the haynes and maybe try adjusting the deceleration? I was playing with them the other day, but tbh I still dont know what the deceleration one does lol

dunno if this will help, but the wires coming out of the throttle are acceleration and deceleration. have a looksy in the haynes and maybe try adjusting the deceleration? I was playing with them the other day, but tbh I still dont know what the deceleration one does lol

Basically it pulls the throttles shut when you roll off the throttle, without it you would need some sort of spring on the carbs to close them, and it would have to be stronger than all the friction in the cable.

It's basically a safety design, positive closing. But changing the tension between them (the amount of slack) will change the feel quite a lot between being spongy at zero throttle and having a hard close feeling.