NEW TYRES LOOKING FOR ADVICE BEFORE ORDERING !

jamesd1981

Hey folks i am in need of a new front tyre, I have been browsing tyres and picked out a couple would like some opinions before i go ahead and order.

The first tyre is

http://www.nationalbiketyres.co.uk/moto ... _1077.html

The second tyre is

http://www.nationalbiketyres.co.uk/moto ... od_87.html

Thanks in advance james

Right, EVERYONE says match front and rear tyres.

I had a michelin PR on the rear and a Maxxis on the front of my fazer when I got it, I could get the pegs down.

Just saying.

A lot of the cheap tyres are quite sticky but don't last as long, the PR3's I have now are very sticky but are meant to last into the 10k's of miles, we'll find out soon!

'On the subject of tyres, does anyone know what is meant by 'sticky tyres''

er... Are you for real?

Right, EVERYONE says match front and rear tyres.

I had a michelin PR on the rear and a Maxxis on the front of my fazer when I got it, I could get the pegs down.

Just saying.

I had miss matched tyres on my gsxr 600 when I first got it

and had a tank slapper

just saying :wink:

its not about grip its about profiles some are more pointy and are made to work with the rear why risk an off

Fair enough, but people talk about it like it's instant death to ride 1 mile with mismatched tyres, but lots of commuters just put whatevers cheapest on and change one at a time.

Obviously if it feels wrong, they are not working together, but I reckon plenty must work together, and if you look there are lots of bikes with mismatched tyres out there.

I am not saying it's not the best solution to have matched, I am just saying it is acceptable to have unmatched.

Fair enough, but people talk about it like it's instant death to ride 1 mile with mismatched tyres, but lots of commuters just put whatevers cheapest on and change one at a time.

Obviously if it feels wrong, they are not working together, but I reckon plenty must work together, and if you look there are lots of bikes with mismatched tyres out there.

I am not saying it's not the best solution to have matched, I am just saying it is acceptable to have unmatched.

The question is though matty would you put your name to it if it caused or contributed to someone having an off because I won't :wink:

'On the subject of tyres, does anyone know what is meant by 'sticky tyres''

er... Are you for real?

I was last time I looked, is there a problem with the question?

I DO apologise.

They are tyres that are 'sticky'.

Hope that clears things up!

:booty:

Mod edit: I know some things may come across as a " stupid question" but im sure new riders/members of this forum unless trolling are looking to improve their own knowledge rather than be ridiculed with sarcastic comments, please feel free to give answers and advice without the increasing sarcasm.Thanks!

Ok, I was engaging in friendly banter, not wanting to make you feel silly.

I was actually asking a serious question as I think 'sticky tyres' is fairly self explanatory, I thought you were being silly, and I was being silly in response.

If our tyres don't stick to the road we fall off, more sticky tyres just means will grip a lot better.

Welcome aboard and don't take me the wrong way! :love: