Ok folks so I have a top box on the bandit now in preparation for my new course which will see my having to carry a fair amount of gear when I come home on the weekends.

What I was potentially interested in would be a tank box. I know of tank bags, but I can't really leave it on the bike for any length on time un-attended. A search has not really revealed anything in the way of a tank box, so was wondering if any of you fine folks know of one?

If not I shall just have to use the quick release sw mo tech connection and modify a lunch box or something.

Thanks again.

Panniers would be ideal, but would make it tricky for a pillion with top box as well. The only real ones that look suitable for a naked bandit 6 is the givi e21 ones, and they (along with other) look like they sit a little too high.

I am not sure I really want soft panniers, they tend to be in strange sweeping shapes. I was looking at leather panniers but my only issue there would be lock ability.

Tank box would be ideal. Probably doesn't exist as such put I am surprised its not made?

Thanks again.

Possibly. Though some bikes do have solid top boxes, BMW f650 seems to have one as an option. Lockable as well. Would be ideal. I only know that as there is always one parked outside the supermarket.

I suppose a normal tank bag would be an option of its occasional usage.

If not I shall be off to make a new business in solid tank bags lol.

Panniers would be ideal, but would make it tricky for a pillion with top box as well. The only real ones that look suitable for a naked bandit 6 is the givi e21 ones, and they (along with other) look like they sit a little too high.

I am not sure I really want soft panniers, they tend to be in strange sweeping shapes. I was looking at leather panniers but my only issue there would be lock ability.

Tank box would be ideal. Probably doesn't exist as such put I am surprised its not made?

Thanks again.

Panniers dont usually make it tricky for a pillion? there legs usually go over the front?

Not sure I would change bike for it to be honest :) but is a good feature I think.

May make one out of a box or something. Though probably won't have a pillion on weekend journeys so could probably just strap something on the back.

Yeah that is a good option, thanks for the suggestion.

I actually have a bags connection tank bag that went on my daytona, as the daytona had a fairly large tank so was ideal. Still have the bag but the actual connecting ring went with the bike (and is bike specific) so I may just grab a new connector ring.

Got mine for 15 quid on ebay, was a right bargain. May revert back to it, will probably need the connector ring to make my tank box anyway, so if I mess up the box could just use my old bag.