Gs 850 custom

Seen people do a few of these as choppers/bobbers bought for a reasonable 380 sold a cb 250 twin and purchased so far all i need for it to be roadworthy is 4 indicators have 2 on hand which is good it needs a torque arm bolt breaks need going over new master cylinder which a friend has one for me tax and mot and to reconnect the old indicator set up on the bars the previos owner was trying to locate it by the left side of the bike im not the best at wiring so going to go back to standard on that.

its done 65k miles but these bikes with care do double that has slab alloy yokes slash cut exsaust system will add more photos with my progress along the way needs a respray going to keep it slightly ratty and repaint the engine brand new front tire fitted when i bought it :D

let me know what you think and if youve had one and what your verdict is cheers.

fromos,

134625693_1044406_10151680087529886_2050740434_n(1).jpg.68f00f032e47b63652c9f0305756bb44.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Little bit stuck on something the rear break lever sits on a splined circle bolt that petrudes to the side it has seized I think because the foot pedal is no longer moving up and down at all is there anyway of sorting this some info would be amazing ill upload some photos to show you what I mean

Cheers.

Little bit stuck on something the rear break lever sits on a splined circle bolt that petrudes to the side it has seized I think because the foot pedal is no longer moving up and down at all is there anyway of sorting this some info would be amazing ill upload some photos to show you what I mean

Cheers.

Usually a disconnect then liberal amounts of WD40....maybe a rubber hammer to get it moving back and forth gently...until you can move it freely..

If you can get the lever and pivot or mount separate from the master cylinder, just boil the whole lot in a big pan for 20 mins, will unseize anything! Obv don't want to boil the master cylinder, but if you can get it down to just metal parts it won't do any damage.

Perfect for alloy to steel joins that frequently seize.

Cheers guys yesterday I put some wd on the pivit and ive let it soak in with gentle persuastion some more this morning going to continue to do so for a few days once out I am going to grease it up and put it back through I am thinking of just leaving the indicators of it otherwise means making a loom for the back and the calipers are being U seized by a friend at the moment then its onwards with purchase of some pads and then its all the paperwork then the guy who I purchased it off said he has sent of the paperwork and dvla have lost it and has posted 25 into my account so I can do V46 myself

Yeah haven't a clue why I put that done some heat today and everything still no avail at all its really winding me up got more tools to try tommorow

okay guys so after some rigerous hitting but gently the frame welds that held the shaft in cracked i then removed it and sent it to a friends engineers place he removed the pivot with alot of effort thus damaging some of the frame bits but luckily my friend does welding so a nice bit of welding to be done next week and i have ordered my new pivot the old one being screwed so thursday welding and pivot fitted and then onto unseizing the calipers no break pads yet though photos to come.

list of things need doing

*break pads

*unseizing calipers

*welding of pivot shafty

*purchasing and fitting of a new master clyinder

*new rear tire and fittted

*tax mot and insurance

keep photos coming soon as :)

• 3 weeks later...

So after abit time we rewelded the pivot shaft back in and replaced the pivot and fitted it all back together works a treat photos to come the tire is getting fitted today as ah we replacing the copper washers and rebleeding the breaks we have fitted the pads and took of the back wheel which took some doing dammm frozen parts I replaced the master cylinder and grips needs the tank spraying tonight

Mot

Tax

V5

Fit wheel

Bleed breaks

Respray

Clean and polish

And she will be road worthy