Ashes 2013

Boothy

I hardly ever watch cricket but always watch the Ashes and annoyingly was working today. Just keeping an eye on the BBC text updates was nerve racking enough! Looking forward to the highlights tonight! Cricket can be exciting and today was a prime example.

Well, as a female who scored cricket matches while my husband played for over 20 years, I think you only find it boring if you do not understand it.The Ashes IS something different however. A true NEEDLE match, well, 5 of them to be exact.

How can it boring when a Younf Australian, playinginhis first test and batting number 11 goes and gets 98?!?!?!

And then with 14 runs needed by the Aussies. We get their last wicket to win! Exciting or what? FAAAAR superior to watching football (In my opinion)

Well, as a female who scored cricket matches while my husband played for over 20 years, I think you only find it boring if you do not understand it.The Ashes IS something different however. A true NEEDLE match, well, 5 of them to be exact.

How can it boring when a Younf Australian, playinginhis first test and batting number 11 goes and gets 98?!?!?!

And then with 14 runs needed by the Aussies. We get their last wicket to win! Exciting or what? FAAAAR superior to watching football (In my opinion)

Football is boring too :)

Football is boring too :)

:stupid:

Now following 2nd test, today will probably be last day. I love it, like chess on a field with real people to play with. I have extra interest in the Ashes as large family in Australia to get bragging rights over.

Joe Root future England Legend?

Kind of funny that he is probably going to be the only person who has any chance with matching Cook's record. He also bowls better than Aus's dedicated spin bowler :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
But doesn't the rain make the grass grow quicker, therefore making the watching more exciting??... :angel12:

Well... A bit of grass on the pitch would make the ball seam about a bit.. so I guess you could class that as making it more interesting? :up: