snapped clutch cable

Tiggie

as the title says my clutch cable went ping as I was coming home today, luckily I was practically on my street when it happened so got home fine.

New cable ordered and on its way hopefully by tuesday. In the meantime I was thinking of removing the push cable from my throttle and using that for the clutch. Good or bad idea? the old cable snapped inside the lever housing so doubt I can bodge that together.

cheers

I would

just tape the full handle together so it doesnt spring open

I have ridden a bike before without a cable....had to bridge the clutch switch so I could start the bike in gear at traffic lights etc was a bit of a bumpy start :lol: :lol:

It's not a 'push cable' it's the pull to close cable, it's what overcomes the friction of the pull to open cable and makes sure your throttles shut. I would not be overly happy running a single cable throttle without a lot of checking and setting up to make sure it would 100% shut every time instantly. If you just remove the second cable, it is quite possible the throttles won't shut smoothly which would be a challenging commute.