It's begun, you take the risk you pay for your healthcare

Lumor_uk

For once, I actually agree with ACPO on this one ...

People who get blind drunk, then stagger about the streets, verbally (and sometimes physically) abusing random passers by (most of whom are simply minding their own business), then wake everyone up at 4am by shouting as they stagger home, should be put in the stocks and urinated on.

People who get blind drunk, then stagger about the streets, verbally (and sometimes physically) abusing random passers by (most of whom are simply minding their own business), then wake everyone up at 4am by shouting as they stagger home, should be put in the stocks and urinated on.

Hahaha

Cracked me right up :mrgreen:

:stupid:

To me it beggars belief that anyone would deliberately set out to get drunk by drinking before they go out. I've been drunk, many times, but never what you would call deliberately more often as a consequence of the good time I was having because our focus was the evenings entertainment, the band or the comedian.

Some people would pay good money for that.

:stupid:

To me it beggars belief that anyone would deliberately set out to get drunk by drinking before they go out. I've been drunk, many times, but never what you would call deliberately more often as a consequence of the good time I was having because our focus was the evenings entertainment, the band or the comedian.

We've done that at many meets, only rule we sort of had was no drinking before 2pm, but we've been drinking all afternoon then gone to the pub, its irrelevant you know how much is too much regardless of where you are, its up to the individual to know when to stop, for some its when they fall over :)

I heard this on radio, didn't think it was a bad idea tbh.

I think the thread title is a little misleading.

Seems fair enough to me. As Techno said, thread title is misleading.

I read it as if you pass out on the street or can't walk, they'll take you to somewhere safe to sober up, then that place can charge you for looking after you. A bit like a hotel.

I expect if you fell on a spiked fence or broke your leg, you'd still go to a hospital to be treated properly. But they'd fine you. Which is fine by me.

As long as they don't start picking people who are a little tipsy/drunk up and could have looked after themselves fine, it's fine by me.

Sorry if this sounds as though I condone what piss eds get up to in the streets, I DON`T, I personally am a quiet piss ed, and fall asleep when I`ve had too many. :angel12: :lol:

What I do like is the fact that our NHS system is envied across the rest of the world. It provides care and treatment, whatever the circumstances, and "supposedly" paid for by my and others National Health Care payments, I feel that care should be given to those in need however they come about their injuries.

Start eroding this system and we`ll end up like America, paying thousands for a bloody X-Ray. Don`t fix what ain`t broke,....... although, as some on here say, I doubt very much this will happen.

I think ACPO may be hinting they want to keep the fines that usually get dished out to such offenders. I am dead against that as many police forces in the USA are expected to finance themselves to a large part by seizing suspect drug trafficker property and keeping fines for disorderly conduct. That leads to terrible abuses of the system by the police.

I would be happy to see people who are drunk and incapable looked after at secure accommodation at hospitals rather than police stations.