DRYING textiles, in Winter?

Hi, so, my sexy new trousers are great, keep me really warm and dry, BUT they met their match earlier today when I had to walk 2 miles in all my gear after leaving the bike at the garage for a service (had to go collect and ride it back to work later, didn't want to leave my gear there to be honest). What is the problem, you ask? Well, gear that is designed to keep you warm and dry while on a bike has a tendency to keep you VERY warm whilst walking. The insides are soaked in sweat, and frankly they stink. The jacket is a bit..fragrant too. I've seen a few posts suggest Nikwax, but for drying they say put it on the line. NOT an option while there is gale force winds and winter rains outside. Any suggestions? I work every day, and can't leave them in the airing cupboard for the 24 hours plus it would take to dry them out in there. Could I put just the removable liners through the washing machine with no detergent, just a rinse, then put them in the dryer?

Remove the liner and wear long johns - they're easier to keep clean and fresh and mean you don't have to wash the textiles so much. It also means you can easily change your textiles for jeans without offending public decency!! I have 3 pairs so always a fresh pair!!

My textiles seem to be woven of pure magic, spent about an hour outside in a storm last night and my clothes underneath where bone dry, and my textiles had barely absorbed any of it! They'd even started drying by the time I got them off :shock: Witchcraft if ever I saw it, but I'm not complaining!

My textiles seem to be woven of pure magic, spent about an hour outside in a storm last night and my clothes underneath where bone dry, and my textiles had barely absorbed any of it! They'd even started drying by the time I got them off :shock: Witchcraft if ever I saw it, but I'm not complaining!

Good stuff Ollie....are these the Australian Biker Gear set that you've got? Have you reviewed them in the Tried & Tested?...... :cheers:

Good stuff Ollie....are these the Australian Biker Gear set that you've got? Have you reviewed them in the Tried & Tested?...... :cheers:

Yeah, that's the stuff. Absolutely stunning for the price thusfar! I'll have to get a review written up once I'm off the train when I don't have a sleeping Moo leaning on one of my arms :P