stupid girly clutch cable question

littlecat

ok have fitted new levers to suit my tiny ickle hands, but havnt got enough adjustment on the cable at the lever end to pull the biting point further away from the bars.....by the time ive got it tight enough the threaded bit isn't really in the bracket.

can I adjust it from the clutch end...if so how ??

There will be a locknut and an adjuster screw in the sprocket cover somewhere, you slacken the locknut and then can adjust the bite point from that end. But you still need to have it so there is play in the cable when let out or clutch will be slipping.

Sorry, I was forgetting. It's probably behind the cover, in the engine casing.

You slacken the lock nut, then screw the adjuster in till you feel it touch, any further in and you are disengaging the clutch. What you CAN do though is screw it out further, meaning the cable has to pull further to operate the clutch, this will give you more pull on the cable (ie adjusting the lever in towards the bars) without making the clutch slip.

Hope this makes sense.

I'd add that you'd probably be best off winding the adjuster on the lever right the way in before making the adjustments to this end of the cable......then you can fine tune the adjustment up at the lever end..... :wink: