What is the biggest hazard on the road as a biker?

Glorian

<t>Which is the biggest hazard in your opinion?</t>  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the biggest hazard in your opinion?

• Black / Normal ice.
    • Snow
    • Heavy rain
    • Ferocious winds
    • Bad drivers (cars,bikes,vans etc)
    • Oil
    • Potholes
    • Other (Please say below)

I would say an overconfidence in a biker's own ability, it seems to be the main reason for the majority of serious accidents and fatalities that involve no other road users.

If you never push the boundrys you will never know just how good you are.

As others have said, the biggest hazard is yourself.

Bit of self discipline, not being complacent can do you so many favours .....however easy to say hard to do.

In my inexperience, I've often gone out with fast riders and tried to keep up, often pushing beyond my skill levels, very hazardous.

Do as I say not as I do comes to mind!

ermmmm , okayyyy.

personally I would prefer to stay the right side of that line, and rather than that making me not 'good' , I view being uninjured, still alive , and returning home at the end of each journey having thouroughly enjoyed it , grinning from ear to ear, as a very good thing

ermmmm , okayyyy.

personally I would prefer to stay the right side of that line, and rather than that making me not 'good' , I view being uninjured, still alive , and returning home at the end of each journey having thouroughly enjoyed it , grinning from ear to ear, as a very good thing

If you never push yourself then you will never know.

Ive always strived to be better,bigger,faster at anything ive ever done. Yes ive been hurt, yes i might die, but i could die tomorow crossing the road.

fair enough mate...that's what tracks are for....at least I hope you don't mean on the road where you can endanger other innocent road users who are unaware of your quest for excellence

I dont have a bike worth pushing (yet).

ermmmm , okayyyy.

If you never push yourself then you will never know.

Ive always strived to be better,bigger,faster at anything ive ever done. Yes ive been hurt, yes i might die, but i could die tomorow crossing the road.

I'd say its how we as humans actually learn, its all about the size of the increments or steps towards improving you have to be disciplined with, you know font try to run before you can walk ;)

But agree biggest hazard and only thing you can control is yourself.

For me, the biggest danger whilst riding, is knowing my misus is driving behind me :lol:

i fear for my life.. Not the best driver in the world..

She is the only woman i know that aproaches a round-a-bout, still doing 30, just a meter from the white lines, and nearly hitting a car thats coming from the right, and then moaning.. although he has right away and is already on the round-a-bout :D

Maybe not the biggest hazard but horse shit really winds me up if my dog did a little poo an I didnt pick it up I would be fined yet a horse dumps a massive hazzard on the road an thats ok.

This, so many times.

If you ride a horse and you let it shit all over the road, You are a filthy self-righteous bast*rd...