Halfords Shopping Spree..

Joeman

I decided i needed to get some cleaning products and lube for my bike, so i have a bit of a shopping spree at Halfords.. think i got a bit carried away!

IMG_20140316_153727.jpg

No idea what any of this stuff is like, decided to try all new stuff, so I will give it a go and report back!

The big bottle of pink "Bike Cleaner" looked exactly the same as the "Motorbike Cleaner" but it was a bit cheaper... So i reckon it probably is the same stuff just with a price hike for us bikers.

The MO94 was only 3quid (special offer i think). it claims to be a "Multi purpose Wonder spray"... i'll be the judge of that!!!

anyone used any of these products before?? whats your thoughts??

I've only used the pink cleaner on a offroad mx bike and my road bike, have to say i think its pretty good i normally buy the 5 litre containers which are usually on offer buy one get one free for 20 odd quid.

I've always got the impression muc off products were generally good.

I use the WD40 Chain Wax, and I havn't had a problem, Although when I first put it on I think I over did it slightly as my chain turned white :D

They also do a chain cleaner and that works wonders.

I used the WD40 chain wax. It goes on messy, makes the chain look dirty, but it works and there is no fling.

The spray cleaner is excellent, only serious grease can resist the instructions of spray on and wash off, but a brush helps.

The chain cleaner is pretty much the same as any other I have tried, so it works.

To avoid a messy chain, only spray the side of the chain where it meets the back sprocket and spin the wheel if you can get it off the ground. I find a light layer makes it to the outside but it keeps the chain looking clean and it keeps the seals lubed :thumb:

I use the WD40 chain care products. I find them to be a little cheaper than the muc off/castrol stuff, but every bit as good.

I got a big bottle of cleaner stuff a little while ago (not the muc off stuff, but a similar premise) and it was great for a quick clean of the bike. being a daily rider, it picks up a lot of crud quickly and a quick clean is essential. What it doesn't do is keep the bike clean like some other products. it seems to attract dirt!

Used Muc-off for years, get it from M&P at around £20 for two 5ltr containers, also use it on caravans and my camper, does a great job if you use it right. Currently use Fucs-off as that was what M&P were doing as a bogof, also good stuff. Not used any of the other stuff you got, and what is this 'chain' thing you seem to have bought several products for ? :lol: