If you think you've got it bad

humbucker

My little Daelim will soon be going on the market so I decided it was time to chase up where the log had got to. I have owned it for a year with no proof that I own the bike and the shop I bought it from have been no help at all. Change of owndership of a vehicle in Spain can be as complex as buying a house and costs a fair bit, depending on the value of the vehicle, I think. As usual here, no one ever gives you the same answer twice.

So, I bypassed the shop and went to their equivalent of an accountant who deals with vehicle transfers and this is the situation I found myself in after three visits to them, one to the town hall, one to the tax office who also spoke to the Police.

I cannot register the bike in my name because:

There are five years previous road tax payments owing.

I am trying to register the bike in a region outside of the region it was bought in. This is like buying as bike in Cornwall and not being alble to register it in Dorset.

I am trying to register the bike in a region I do not live in and in which the bike was not sold.

I am trying to tax the vehicle in a region where the previous owner did not live.

I am trying to tax the bike in a region it was not sold in.

I am not allowed to pay the back duty, it doesnt amount to much and it means I can sell the bike on. Only the previous owner can do that. Yes really, they turn your money away.

I am now waiting for three different towns to work out how much I have to pay for the last year of ownership and then one of them will let me change the ownership and everything above will be possible.

Now, complain as much as you like about DVLA but isnt filling in a V5 just a teensy weensy bit easier than above?

Oh, and this is not an unusual situation. :)

:lol: 8-) just sit by the pool and open a beer! :cheers:

My best mate lived and unfortunately died in Torrevieja!

( The infamous n332).

He had a business and property out there, his parents have

property out there, they're all tied together somehow.

He's been gone nearly 10 years, they are no closer to sorting out

his affairs now than they were then!

All they ever seem to do is pay bills without actually achieving anything.

I am sorry to hear about your friend, that road has claimed many lives, one the reasons they made it dual carriageway in the last four years. The fatality rate has dropped to single figures per year and it is a lot easier to get around.

The pool idea is a great one, since technically I should not even be riding the bike. I have no idea what the Guardia would make of it all if they stopped me but you can bet your bippy it would be expensive. But hey, live to ride, ride to live, the last Korean 125cc to hell, you're either on it or you're nothing....booooorn to be wiiiiiiiild..... :lol: