Ghost Bikes UK

anyone bought anything from these before?

http://www.ghostbikes.com/

and no i'm not trying to advertise the business :) , im just new to biking and stuck in the maze of buying new helmet, gloves and jacket for the first time and would like to see if anyone has bought anything from this online company before?

thanks.

Edited by Red Dragon

I have ordered things off their ebay page before. I have nothing particularly good to say about them, but more importantly, nothing bad either.

I would try on helmets elsewhere before buying online though, fit is the most important thing when looking at helmets.

Another good website is motorcyclesuperstore. J&S accessories have a few stores up and down the country and usually have some competitively priced products.

Also have a look at revzilla on youtube. It is an american company, but they are a huge business and review almost everything that comes through their doors and do a video of it too. Their website also has information and reviews

Bought a few things from them. Fast delivery and good products.

However its always best to try your gear on before buying, and shops often beat internet prices if you ask for a discount as they Dont need to cover postage.

Support your local shops else they will all dies out.

you know what guy's?

i have only looked at your quick replies and it's taken me a whole 5 seconds to decide to get my gear especially helmet from the local mototrbike shops.

even more so because i havnt got a clue what im looking at here on these sites. dont know sizes etc.

I have measured my head and know that size. But obviously i dont think i would feel right buying a helmet i havnt tried on.

cheers for your quick replies, this site is truely helpful!!

Always local shop for leathers, textiles or helmets.

My local gives me a fit guarantee for 5 years. Therefore if pads change, I can take it back and get new pads for free to get the fit back.

Best bet, go to your local shop, get chatting with the sales person, try on a load of stuff and then ask if you were to buy the whole set of kit today could they do something with the price. Almost certain they will drop the price. You'll get some expert advice and get to try a few different options, and you get a good deal, they make a sale and gain a return customer. Everyone's a winner!

Ok took your advice.

Went to local bike shop today. Come away with jacket, trousers, gloves, helmet all for £150. Not your mega expensive stuff but all fits nice and secure.

All ok to get me started.

Cant wait to ride.

• 3 weeks later...

just up the road from me and have been in a few times to buy things.

bought a leather jacket off them (Oxford) and the zip on one of the sleeves broke after 8 months, called in on the off chance and they let me have an upgrade as they didnt have the original jacket in stock, and as the upgraded jacket had been reduced in price to less than my original jacket they gave me some money back........ Was a good day !

Always found the service excellent but think you did the right thing in buying locally as the sizing on bike kit seems to be all over the place !

Bought a pair of (supposedly waterproof) boots from them, about six weeks ago. One of them is not exactly waterproof so sent them back. We'll see how good their refund/replacement policy is...

Yea I've bought loads from them online, they have a great range of stuff for sale and their service has always been really good.

The only thing I've not been able to get from them is batteries so I've always gone to Puredrive link removed

They're on eBay as well and sometime their stuff is listed a little bit cheaper than on their website, worth checking anyways.

I've been to the store a few times. Last bought some waterproofs which I tried on. The XL jacket had to be swapped for the XXL for it to fit comfortably over my body armour and jacket.

Its similar to Argos where you give the order then they pick it from the stores for you to check. They have some clothing and helmets in the front of the store to look at but the main stock has to be fetched.

I will always use this store as I am very happy with the service/prices etc and its also a nice ride out for me to the store.