compression test

I-AM-THOR

Weird when I checked the fuses they were in the wrong order, fan went mental but ignition wouldn't work unless I used a 15 instead of a 10

So lets get this straight... the fan was not working, so you swapped the Ignition fuse for the fan fuse, then the Ignition stopped working and the fan started working...

have i got that right??

How much more coolant do I need? Put in 1 litre.

Yes, the pic shows it needs a 10 but when I tried it, all it would do is the lights would flash dim. Put in the spare 15 and it worked fine. All the fuses are fine, no dead ones

Is it true that if my head gasket had gone it would continue to over heat oven on the motorway?

Been doing a fair amount of research and this seems to happen to a few people. One person had to replace oil and water pump

Your handbook/Haynes/service manual will tell you the capacity of your cooling system (I think it's a little over 2L). Your documentation will probably suggest a 50:50 mix coolant:water so if it's around 2L capacity then I personally would be quite happy with 1L coolant and the rest water (distilled).

Which light flash dimly when you swapped the fuses?

Fuses are not resistive so I don't know why you would get a dim flash light issue unless you had some bad contacts at the fusebox/adjacent connectors.

Last time: Have you checked the condition of your oil yet and were there any deposits in the coolant reservoir before you changed the fluid? This is a key question that will help diagnose your problem.

It is not unusual for a sportsbike to run in excess of 100 degrees C/212 farenheight on the motorway, especially if you've been ragging it.

Checked the oil and its a dark green/brown colour. During the flush there was very small bits in the liquid.

Did a test on the thermostat and it seems fine, used YouTube to check. Went into dealer mode and it showed nothing is wrong.

Tomorrow I will be replacing all the fuses and checking oil pump shaft and water pump.