Sunday 7/9/14: East London to Hastings via Tonbridge

Guest Phil Young

This Sunday I'm meeting a couple of others (so far) in east London where we'll head down to Tonbridge to meet up with Alan (megawatt) who will show us the great roads he speaks of down his neck of the woods!

We will have two meeting points, the Tonbridge one is yet to be confirmed but we are just waiting on a definite location.

Meeting in London (3pm depart).

Poplar McDonalds - loads of space to park and close to the blackwall tunnel. You can find me and some other lads outside probably have a drink before departing :)

Meeting in Tonbridge (around 4pm).

TBC but suggest a petrol station for a fill up.

Anyone in?!

Well, at this stage if I make it earlier then the original rider that has been riding with me won't be able to make it.

...I could make it earlier, but would prefer a later ride...

If it helps I can bring my camera and take photos of your bike in the nice evening light ;)

Currently set to leave east London at 3pm so would be in Tonbridge for a bit before 4pm I'd imagine.

Hmm! I might be up for this. Little worried my skills might slow you all down seeing as i only passed yesterday!! Going to go out over the next couple days get some miles under my belt. Will buzz you!

A21 from M25 jct 5. Head south on Tonbridge bypass, then Tunbridge Wells/Pembury bypass. At end of bypass is a roundabout at Kippings cross and the left at next roundabout to BP/M&S services. I'll be in shop drinking coffee.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Blue+B ... 0&t=m&z=15

Come meet us in London Glorian, it's pretty much going your way anyway and as Alan says, don't worry about skill, we'll ride to the same level and it'll be safe and fun :)

Congrats on passing :)

Also does the dartford bridge cost for bikes ?

Bridge is free for bikes, but you have to go through a gate with a person giving change (not an exact change gate) as the person needs to open the gate for you... Learnt from experience!! Lol.

Come meet us in London Glorian, it's pretty much going your way anyway and as Alan says, don't worry about skill, we'll ride to the same level and it'll be safe and fun :)

Congrats on passing :)

Cheers Phil.

Where abouts areyou meeting in london? I saw your post about the co-operative store? Or where you all meeting up somewhere else earlier on?

Weathers looking good for Sunday and I'm back in the uk by then too. Ive got a few jobs to do Sunday morning but hoping to be free for the afternoon. All going well I'll tag along too. You're riding past sevenoaks from London so I'll see if I can catch you on the way.

Cheers Phil.

Where abouts areyou meeting in london? I saw your post about the co-operative store? Or where you all meeting up somewhere else earlier on?

McDonald's Trafalgar Way

2 Trafalgar Way

London E14 5SP

Here - I'll be there from about 2.30pm, head out at 3pm.

Weathers looking good for Sunday and I'm back in the uk by then too. Ive got a few jobs to do Sunday morning but hoping to be free for the afternoon. All going well I'll tag along too. You're riding past sevenoaks from London so I'll see if I can catch you on the way.

Scope us out on a lay-by on the A21! :)

The A12 takes you all the way to the blackwall tunnel but you would turn off just before and I'll be round the corner sipping diet coke through a straw ;)

Order my a cheeseburger. I'll see you there at 2:30 (if i don't get lost)

Gonna stick the satnav in my tankbag and go by that haha

The A12 takes you all the way to the blackwall tunnel but you would turn off just before and I'll be round the corner sipping diet coke through a straw ;)

Order my a cheeseburger. I'll see you there at 2:30 (if i don't get lost)

Gonna stick the satnav in my tankbag and go by that haha

Just been running through the route, probably easier to head straight to tonbridge wells. Dragging KD79 along from ipswich. Sorry to keep changing my plans, but london looks scary! haha