no complaints from neighbours. - exhaust

Abraxix92

Seen around facebook, and on the forums about setting off to work early/very late.

Guess it all comes down to neighours i guess though!

I've had no complaints with this exhaust or bike, showed max of 5k revs as i don't ass it down the street in the morning when it's wet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWII33R ... e=youtu.be

I used to like the odd late night ride to Costa for a late night coffee and bakewell tart when I had my XJ6 as you could barely hear it running but alas no more with the Z1000SX. I guess I could be more inconsiderate but you have to live next door to these people and anything not to give a bad impression of bikes has got to be good.

Did try the push it up the end of the garden but it's nigh on impossible to get the bike up the slope and through a barely wider than the bike gap without it being under its own power, besides I'd probably drop it or scratch it.

what pisses off neighbours off more is sat in the street revving the nuts off it for no reason and shit like that

start and ride away steadily with low revs and crawl in on low revs and turn straight off and you will probably find most wont even wake up :D

Edit: what exactly is the hissing on the second video?

have you got a hole for a bolt to hold a baffle in? it will be on the underside of the outlet if so cover it with your finger it could be that

I had one that whistled :lol:

Edit: what exactly is the hissing on the second video?

have you got a hole for a bolt to hold a baffle in? it will be on the underside of the outlet if so cover it with your finger it could be that

I had one that whistled :lol:

Yes, that's possibly it, always wondered but thought was natural! :P

don't you post your dual exhaust noise here though, i'll be jelly!

Very nice note that pipe's making mate.

The BMW GS has a bit of a burble/whistle when the baffle is removed as well. Putting a button headed allen bolt in the hole that holds the baffle in cures it (like Stu said with your finger, only more permanent :lol: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARmwjPmKBZY, slightly better, decided to take my 2inch phone case off! ;)

They sound awesome...Chris had a Beowolf exhaust on the CBF (still does - a bit bent now tho!). Have you taken a pillion yet? - dear GOD does it stink if you're stuck as a passenger!!

• 4 weeks later...