YAMAHA FAZER FZS 600 Running Problem ...H e y a l p !!

polecat

I know people think their bike problem is the only problem in the world but Mine really is !! :D

YAMAHA FAZER FZS 600 13,000 miles

OK my problem is :

Bike gets to 3000 rpm - 4000 rpm and starts to bog down (running rough, feels a bit vibratey ?

If I open up the throttle more the bike pulls out of the bog but still feels vibratey

If it is bogging in 3000 rpm and I apply 50% choke then it will clear ?

Been getting worse for a while but a few weeks ago she rode like new then it started up again ?

What I have done so far :

Changed Plugs, oil + Filter, Air filter, fuel filter and put some Sea foam in the tank .

I Would appreciate any ideas why this has happened and what I need to do to sort it out Because the bike normally runs really well :crybaby:

Any more info required just let me know :)

sounds to me like you have shit in the carbs and the main jets are blocked

sticking the choke on richens the mixture making it run right

the first thing I would be doing is cleaning the carbs

sounds to me like you have shit in the carbs and the main jets are blocked

sticking the choke on richens the mixture making it run right

the first thing I would be doing is cleaning the carbs

Doah that sounds expensive as it is not something I feel I would be able to achieve without stuffing it up even more :)

Thanks Stu

BTW is it bad for the bike if I leave the choke on to make it run right in the mean time ?

It needs about 30% choke to start running right and is preferable to the vibrating bad running without it

it could cause it to run either lean or rich

rich isnt a problem apart from in the pocket you will use loads more fuel

lean and it will run hot and at worse can put a hole in a piston!

I would get it sorted as soon as

carbs are really easy the hardest part is removing the screws off the float bowls

it could cause it to run either lean or rich

rich isnt a problem apart from in the pocket you will use loads more fuel

lean and it will run hot and at worse can put a hole in a piston!

I would get it sorted as soon as

carbs are really easy the hardest part is removing the screws off the float bowls

Yeah I forgot to mention Bike getting Hot (without choke left on )

7 mile trip and its smelling Hot

Ok better go and break the bad news to my wallet Again :(

Thanks for the advice :)

Before you go spending money or time on a full carb clean, get yourself some Redex and poor a super-concentrated mix (like the whole bottle to a few liters of fuel) it won't do any damage but will probably run crap (you can always top up with fuel after the mix has circulated a bit. If that doesn't get things moving, try just spraying some carb cleaner into the areas you can access like the throttle bodies, you might just solve it for a few quid and small amount of time.

What Stu said.

OR

Carb rubbers (where they mount on the engine) are cracking and letting air in (they are known for it)

OR

One coil pack breaking down, the vibing is it dropping onto 3 cylinders

I did thousands of miles on mine and those three issues are the only things that ever made it run rough.

Carb clean IS simple, but getting the carbs off a fazer is not if you have not worked on bikes a lot. You have to take battery out and move the filter and battery box back to allow clearance and the connections on the cables etc are extremely tight to get into, plus it has tiny water hoses to heat the carbs, they perish and need to be replaced when you do the job. All simple stuff but maybe not if you're unsure.

I would rule out coil pack unless it gets worse in the wet, and you can SEE the carb rubbers cracking if they go, they physically crack and you can see when the bike runs the carbs bounce in and out with the suction. If they are cracked this shows the cracks. Rubbers are about £80 from wemoto or used good ones on the bay £40

Thanks for all the advice :)

I think I will book it in to the mechanic and take the hit because it is getting worse and I don't want to damage anything riding it like that .

I will post the outcome for anyone else with similar problem :cheers:

At least look at the carb rubbers, all you have to do is literally look at them and see if they are cracked. Not too bad a job to change, you can get them out by just moving the carbs back a bit, so a lot easier than removing it all.

Ok so I put it with the mechanic for the day and after various wind ups he informed me that my bike was now fixed ... trapped fuel line under the fuel tank due to poor routing by the Idiot who refitted it after the re spray :oops:

On the bright side It passed its MOT and only cost me half an hour labour :cheers:

My wallet is So happy today :)

Yeah he was still laughing at me when I put the phone down and no doubt when I pick it up tomorrow I will get even more abuse that I deserve, but I still feel lucky !!