Cowboy Builders..

Joeman

He's got 1500quid too much to cover the next lot of materials. He might think hes done well ripping me off 1500 but its not really gonna dent the budget... Just frustrating that after we trusted him into our home he's seen fit to stitch us up... For just 1500quid!!

Luckly I only hired him to do demolition, groundwork, walls and roof. Brickwork is aboit 95% complete and we have the steels and woodwork in place for the roof.

Yes I wouldn't attempt plastering. Thats a bit of a dark art I reckon! Plumbing, electrics, carpentry no problem for me. Never laid bricks of built a roof though!

F****** hell you paid moneys upfront.

Never would i ask for money upfront. He must have crap credit rating otherwise he would have a trade account.

If you want your £1500 back just send him a message asking for it, if no reply then tell him your going to let hmrc know about a cash payment.

£1500 isnt that bad in comparidon to the bloke whoshouse were building, hes just payed 30k upfront for windows that havent and wont arrive.

If you havent got a roof on then you still have loads of work left to do.

How bigis it? You seem to have been building for ages.

Yep,the one and only payment i made up front under protest as he said he had cash flow issues and he chooses to run off with it.. I have all his tools and scaffolding so if he wants then back it will cost him 1500 quid.. And he better pick up all his fag buts from my lawn else I'm posting them back to him!

You have got to be shitting me...

He's upped the cost by just over 110%.

I'd tell him to get out the industry, 30 years experience and not a fooking clue how to do an estimate.

If he gave you a contract and it doesn't state estimate, I'd throw him to the dogs and go through small claims court to retrieve your lost money. Will only cost you about £70 to make the claim and at the very least if he fails to respond you automatically win, and if he does, he has to go to court for his day and he will be losing business to go there.

Waste his time.

You have got to be shitting me...

He's upped the cost by just over 110%.

I'd tell him to get out the industry, 30 years experience and not a fooking clue how to do an estimate.

If he gave you a contract and it doesn't state estimate, I'd throw him to the dogs and go through small claims court to retrieve your lost money. Will only cost you about £70 to make the claim and at the very least if he fails to respond you automatically win, and if he does, he has to go to court for his day and he will be losing business to go there.

Waste his time.

I thought about small claims, but instead ive contacted the big guns... local solicitor has been contacted to send out one of their experts to survey his work. if its deemed to be below the standard expected from a skilled tradesmen i have grounds to take him for the full build cost plus expenses. yes it will cost me more short term in fees but i bet he's done this to many others before so its about time someone threw him to the wolves.

So it turns out that taking an advanced payment and then not delivering the goods is classed as fraud. The police have a nice fraud website that let's you tick a few boxes, leave the tradesmen's details and its over to them.

I'm guessing they'll contact me first before him, but the balls are certainly rolling...

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/28/282b95411927f12e9cc5db9c36473cc6bc946d7fb81039f8a1441d05b6f00fc5.jpg

This is stoking the fires of my inner revenge demons :twisted:

Same here.. Ive had all sorts of evil ideas..

From mid feb when my current contract ends, I'm gonna become his worst nightmare..

I assume he priced of a set of plans. No estimates of plans its pretty straight forward pricing. Anything unforseen should of been discused with you and a rate agreed. (Like when we priced a job expecting timber joists on the 1st floor and 50% was a concreet floor)

Did he do any extras?

Any extra work should be signed for, i got stung for £400 for a wall one day, now any agreed extras i do a mini contract for and get them to sign it

You got his home address?

Take a clasic approch and order 5 pizzas from every takeaway in a 15mile radius.

Lol, yes thought of that.. Also though of reporting an unexploded bomb in his garden so the military turn up and he shit himself when he see men with guns.