My new Lid

Took delivery of my new Helmet a X-Lite X-802R Stareus union jack.

No gold ACU sticker on the back, i had queried it after seeing the pictures on the site and was told it was gold certified, now its arrived have sent another query saying why no sticker. Any thoughts people?

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg185/hadster81/x-lite_x-802r-uc_stareus_union-jack_zpsax3qwkqu.jpg

if youre happy with the helmet, keep it and buy a sticker. Gold ACU means very little.

To keep costs down, its probably been shipped in from a country where they dont have ACU stickers.

its a lovely lid, weighs FA. Tis italian but no track days without the sticker, or i simply pop the old shark on for that and this for the road. The reason I got a new lid is that the shark is 6-7 years old

The ACU sticker is both meaningless and pointless for 99% of riders. Those who never go near a track except to spectate. There is only one mark that's important. The ECE 22.05 which signifies it has passed and continues to pass via random testing the minimum requirements of EU law. There are helmets that exceed those standards by a small or large measure... You can use the SHARP site for those.. But even that can be argued as being a tad pointless... The tests they perform, most of them bear no relation to real world offs.

I couldn't care less about any of that. Any helmet for road use will have ECE certification, so the only concern for me is - does it fit.

I'll do a couple of track days this year, one next month, 370 quid for a helmet you cant use at the track is pointless so would simply swap it, a lovely lid no doubt but why pay all that money if you cant use it is my thoughts

I'll do a couple of track days this year, one next month, 370 quid for a helmet you cant use at the track is pointless so would simply swap it, a lovely lid no doubt but why pay all that money if you cant use it is my thoughts

You can use it... Just not on the track. And if it's that important to you that you can. You have two choices.

Get a refund. Or... Buy a sticker on ebay. The very fact you can buy them should be all the proof anyone needs that they're meaningless. Except as a money spinner for the ACU. Of course.

Got to be honest mate, there's zero chance of me using my new Shoei on track, I use the old one.

Reason being - the old one will be fine for the off I'd be likely to have on track. I'd rather toss £650 odd away in a "proper" crash then have to bin it because it's got a few scratches from a slide.

yep, a valid point Mr Fro, perhaps the Shark will accompany me to the track and the x-lite will do the road. I must have looked at 100 helmets and the others i'd have picked over it were out of my budget or didn't have my size so bugger it. I just want to get out on the bike, perhaps today, being a fair weather pussy its been a while!

Got to be honest mate, there's zero chance of me using my new Shoei on track, I use the old one.

Reason being - the old one will be fine for the off I'd be likely to have on track. I'd rather toss £650 odd away in a "proper" crash then have to bin it because it's got a few scratches from a slide.

What??????

You don't get to plan your offs, if they're going to be light or not! If you can afford the best for your head, then you have to use the best.

Not to mention this joke sticker.

I agree with Fro. Road helmets and track helmets have two very different criteria.

Road helmet needs to be comfortable and quiet and look cool which is why they cost so much.

Track helmet just needs to be safe, and since pretty much all helmets conform to the same safety standards, i'b be tempted to have a cheap, functional helmet for the track and keep my best helmet for the road.

What??????

You don't get to plan your offs, if they're going to be light or not! If you can afford the best for your head, then you have to use the best.

Not to mention this joke sticker.

That's right, I order mine in advance.

Track spills tend to be more slidey (unless you get run over of course) so an older/less blingy lid is fine. Road offs often involve some sort of abrupt halt. This is when I want the best I can afford.